All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Exiting VP

Loadedweapon

well first I want to say thanks for all the great work on the program it was easy to install and had a great configure tool.. Everything seemed to work ok except vp wouldent exit with the E key.. FP started and exited perfect.. any ideas would be appreciated

I want to say thanks very much for this too and also report a problem exiting VP, so I thought I'd bump this thread rather than starting a new one. Also having a few other problems but this will do for starters!

I have Quit set to E and Exit Emulator set to Q. To exit a VP table I press Q and it brings up VP's Paused dialogue box and I have to press Q again to quit to the editor, then manually close the editor before I am returned to the PinballX main menu. Any ideas how to cleanly exit a table straight back to the main menu please? Log file etc attached.

log.txt

PinballX.ini

SetupWizard.xml

1.19 runs really good for me although just have a couple of small exiting issues.

(1) For an old-style B2S table launched through the script when exiting VP the backglass stays open. Any else have this?

(2) A strange one. I use the ESC key to pause. This does not work for the first 30 secs or so. Play a bit and then it works.

As for 2 this is deliberate, to allow the app to properly launch. It has to do some stuff to the apps process and windows and to be safe and always work so it need to make sure its properly launched. Its actually 16 seconds.

Not sure about the backglass issue. Maybe need a launch after to kill the process.

For the 2nd that makes sense. In reality one wouldn't exit a table so quickly. It's only while I was testing my config after reassigning some keys:)

Most new B2S tables use the B2S server so this won't be an issue. As you suggest I can probably create a simple AHK to kill the backglass or maybe I will see if it can be closed from the VP table script.

Thanks again for the tremendous frontend and first class support.