All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

LEADERBOARD Hi-Score Competition

Congratulations with your first child and thank you for your kind words MNMax !!

Your post of april last year gave me the idea to create a hi-score competition like it is today. Hansolo and me tried to convince the mods / admins to give us our own hi-score subforum and we are still grateful they allowed us our own little place of arcade fun :) Our GameEx plugin-king Adultery even created a hi-score database manager and other plugins for us to use and some of our GameEx gurus even joined our competition !!

You're very welcome to join our hi-score competition. It's very easy to join; simply pick a game thread, use the settings of post #1 and submit a screenshot of your score.

Please feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions :)

~GC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I must have lit some sort of proverbial fire under KRC. Near 3000 posts here with not much scoreboard activity until I started playing, and now just starting to threaten my once-dominant performance!

It was fun to be #1 while it lasted, right?

KRC has often said he has scores he "means" to post but never gets around to it. Then I think he forgets about it and, well, that's that. I'm glad you're participating as much as you are. It's fun to have new scores to try to beat, and you're definitely keeping it interseting!

We welcome our newest hi-score member Mame Offender !

Thank you for joining our Hi-Score Competition and good luck playing our hi-score games :)

~ GC, Han and Dazz

Hell yeah! Most welcome Mame Offender! I've seen you on other forums and so i know your skills ;) The guys to be worried about right now are ExedExes and KRC - i have no doubt you'll make em sweat a bit! :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hell yeah! Most welcome Mame Offender! I've seen you on other forums and so i know your skills ;) The guys to be worried about right now are ExedExes and KRC - i have no doubt you'll make em sweat a bit! :)

Well thanks guys! I really enjoy it around here, being able to compete at sooo many awesome titles. I hope to get in vicinity of KRC and Exed Exes as they are very fierce competitors indeed! As for the trio of moderators, GC, Han and Dazzle: keep doing your thing. It makes it much nicer when your moderators update almost immediately it seems like!! Loving it.

M.O.

• Like 1

Well thanks guys! I really enjoy it around here, being able to compete at sooo many awesome titles. I hope to get in vicinity of KRC and Exed Exes as they are very fierce competitors indeed! As for the trio of moderators, GC, Han and Dazzle: keep doing your thing. It makes it much nicer when your moderators update almost immediately it seems like!! Loving it.

M.O.

ExedExes seems to have pulled away a little in first place now, I do plan on having another Hi-Score-athon pretty soon but some of the score uploaded by others are pretty good.

...As for the trio of moderators, GC, Han and Dazzle: keep doing your thing. It makes it much nicer when your moderators update almost immediately it seems like!! Loving it.

M.O.

Thanks Mame Offender !! It's one the reasons I always wanted to start my own hi-score competition. When submissions are updated quickly it's much more fun to compete. IMHO a lot of competitions take too much time updating stuff... ;)

When I used to submit a hi-score to Twin Galaxies you always had to wait quite long...when you've put much time in a hi-score attempt and you submit your score it's very nice if your score is quickly shown on the boards...anyway, that's my experience. It's nice to hear that's exactly what you enjoy about our competition :)

• Like 1

I think the best part about this community is that you did not need to be here from the start. There is no bonus for winning a month besides a banner...which is smart because point bonuses would have made it tough for the new people to join in the fun.

GC and Hans have done such a great job in making this competitive and fun to participate in. Seriously this competition and forum are great.

• Like 2

I think the best part about this community is that you did not need to be here from the start. There is no bonus for winning a month besides a banner...which is smart because point bonuses would have made it tough for the new people to join in the fun.

GC and Hans have done such a great job in making this competitive and fun to participate in. Seriously this competition and forum are great.

Yep, this forum is great and led by some terrific members.

^_^ Thank you guys. Reading your replies made my day :)

• 3 weeks later...

OOh yeah!!

I have the next 4 days off, so I will be making a charge for second place!!

Gotta say it again, I love this competition!! It is sooo much fun, I cannot get enough!!

Here's to gunning for the sacred number 2 spot!!

• Like 2

OOh yeah!!

I have the next 4 days off, so I will be making a charge for second place!!

Gotta say it again, I love this competition!! It is sooo much fun, I cannot get enough!!

Here's to gunning for the sacred number 2 spot!!

We'll do our best to keep up with your submissions! ^_^

Good luck!

So I've added a new feature in DBM to generate a table for the forum so you can copy and paste. What do you think of this?

Leaderboard-logo-v4.png

Overall High Score Leaderboard (Last Update: 5/3/2014)
POSITIONUSER NAMETOTAL SCORE
1ExedExes2329
2KRC1770
3Mame Offender1380
4GimmeClassics668
5be77amy552
6rtkiii487
7helpman458
8murve33455
9Adultery413
10DazzleHP370
11Yung-Jedi350
12ehuonder263
13Cynicaster230
14Tempest170
15smario140
16stephen140
17wolfman24110
18hansolo7775
19celly52
20ClassicGMR11
21emmarillo10
22MNMax217
  • Like 3

So I've added a new feature in DBM to generate a table for the forum so you can copy and paste. What do you think of this?

Oh my word! That is pretty frikkin epic :o Really? We can auto-generate this now?! With the bold in the top 3?! whaaaaaa when did you cook this up??? I wanna swear so badly to emphasise my astonishment/gratitude! But a smiley will do it :wub:

That's looking great Adultery B) ... you keep amazing me every time :o

@ Adultery: there are a lot of advantages if we could copy / paste the leaderboards from the DBM to our hi-score threads. I do have some questions though. I want to prevent having too many replies to our Leaderboard thread so I've sent you a PM > could you also add Han and Dazz to this discussion ? Thanks ;)

I just looked at this thread again today. I didn't notice it before, you may have been actively making changes... I don't like the Avatar Icon in the table. Granted, it will help users quickly Identify who they are, but I think it makes the table's ROW to large. Just my opinion.