All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

LEADERBOARD Hi-Score Competition

@ Han > would you please be so kind to continue the discussion about the new Leaderboard in the PM we started ? I want to prevent having too many replies in our Leaderboard thread. Thanks Han ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

As you already may have noticed we are using a new layout for our Hi-score tables and Game Ex Leaderboard.

A big thank you goes to Adultery for making this possible. Of course we immediately updated all our threads with this amazing new layout :)B)

~ Hi-score Team

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Glad to find this board seeing as AtariAge's MAME competition apparently fell apart a few months back.

Seeing as the leaderboard is quite replete with competitions over the past year or two, are there any plans to reset to a new 'season" at any point? Or will points for the overall Hi-Score ladder generally be accumulative and ongoing indefinitely for the foreseeable future? There would seem to be quite a difficultly curve for a new competition entrants to play competitively at this point given the huge selection of open games in the overall competition.

It seems that way at first, but the score is recalculated every time a user submits a score. A new player could jump in with a few hi scores and be right up in there no problem. Consistent game play is key, users come and go and don't always defend hi scores, and that makes the scores drop.

All you gotta do is start submitting scores, you'll be surprised how fast you climb the ladder. :)

• Like 2

Glad to find this board seeing as AtariAge's MAME competition apparently fell apart a few months back.

Seeing as the leaderboard is quite replete with competitions over the past year or two, are there any plans to reset to a new 'season" at any point? Or will points for the overall Hi-Score ladder generally be accumulative and ongoing indefinitely for the foreseeable future? There would seem to be quite a difficultly curve for a new competition entrants to play competitively at this point given the huge selection of open games in the overall competition.

Hello Fallout !! Welcome to our Hi-Score competition :)

Deteacher from Atariage hasn't been online since March...I've been playing in his competition and it unfortunately fell apart indeed...BUT...you're more than welcome to join our competition B)

About our Leaderboard...

Adultery already explained it very well. Some more info:

your hi-score position on each hi-score game represent points for your Leaderboard position. You can check - at any moment - your leaderboard total by simply adding up the individual points of your current hi-score game positions. Your Leaderboard total is published in our Leaderboard thread.

When starting this competition I wanted a newcomer to have the same chances for a good leaderboard position as someone already playing our hi-score games for a year or longer. When previous points earned would stick with you this is not the case.

I've sent you a personal message (see little envelop at the top right section of your screen) about our Hi-Score competition with info on how to join our competition and some general rules. If you have any questions about our competition you can always sent me a PM :)

• Like 1

@ fallout - You were having a hell uva year at Atariage last year. Unfortunately, that league hit a cement wall. Give this site a try. Huge selection, come and go with no time limits. It is a blast!!

• Like 1

Looking over the list of ongoing competitions, I notice that I already hold some competitive scores for a few of the games. If I still have pics supporting those scores, can I submit them? Or is there a rule that all submissions must be "fresh" and attained after a game was officially nominated for a game-of-the-month competition?

Looking over the list of ongoing competitions, I notice that I already hold some competitive scores for a few of the games. If I still have pics supporting those scores, can I submit them? Or is there a rule that all submissions must be "fresh" and attained after a game was officially nominated for a game-of-the-month competition?

To keep with our philosophy of a "fair fight" we'd like you to post new scores. This is to encourage all competitors to actually play the games, which in turn will more likely get your competitive fires burning (and so you'll come & back play even more titles). It also means that the "worlds best at EVERYTHING" doesn't just sign up, post scores that destroy everyone else's hope and then leave.

Although a little less scrupulous than some sites, we still try our best to run a fair comp, which is why you (or anyone else) has exactly the same chance now as you would have 1 year ago. As MO stated, there is no "time advantage" in our comp :)

It seems to me that you will be a great player to have onboard, despite your seemingly unjustified reservations. Why not just try a few and see how you go? You might just be pleasantly surprised at how quick you climb that ladder, even without getting top spot on every game ;)

• Like 2

Nah, go ahead... As long as you used the same settings as mentioned in the games main post there shouldn't be an issue. :)

Nah, go ahead... As long as you used the same settings as mentioned in the games main post there shouldn't be an issue. :)

To keep with our philosophy of a "fair fight" we'd like you to post new scores. This is to encourage all competitors to actually play the games, which in turn will more likely get your competitive fires burning (and so you'll come & back play even more titles). It also means that the "worlds best at EVERYTHING" doesn't just sign up, post scores that destroy everyone else's hope and then leave.

Although a little less scrupulous than some sites, we still try our best to run a fair comp, which is why you (or anyone else) has exactly the same chance now as you would have 1 year ago. As MO stated, there is no "time advantage" in our comp :)

It seems to me that you will be a great player to have onboard, despite your seemingly unjustified reservations. Why not just try a few and see how you go? You might just be pleasantly surprised at how quick you climb that ladder, even without getting top spot on every game ;)

I have to agree with Dazzle here. We should encourage contestants to actually play our games and we have no need for hit-and-run tactics. I'm sure Fallout will enjoy the competition when he's actively playing and submitting scores :)

@ Fallout > I hope you agree. Again, you're very welcome to join our competition and like Adultery said we kindly ask you to use the game settings as mentioned in the games main post.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello jedah !

you're more than welcome to join our Hi-Score Competition. Just a few simple steps to start playing our games :

1. Choose a game from any of our Hi-score game threads

2. Read post #1 of the hi-score game thread to make sure you're using the correct game settings (always use 1 credit)
3. Play your game and post a screenshot of the score you earned.

I've sent you a PM with additional info about our competition :)

Good luck playing our hi-score games !!

~ GC

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The player to watch folks: TodayisForgotten!

He joined us in August and has ripped through the leader board standings and is now in the top 3!! With a little extra time around Christmas, I feel my second spot in the standings is threatened. Time to get going to hold my second spot!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Speaking of expanding and new users. We had a new user who has come, and now decided to go. His scores are unmatched. Should we start to consider removing his scores from the boards, to give everybody a little easier goal to match, plus enhance a lot of leaderboard positions?