All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

LEADERBOARD Hi-Score Competition

It would be an undertaking.  Adding a new player to the lists isn't that hard.  Going through all the games to change your name would require adding a new entry with your score and the new name, then removing the old name entry.  The problem with that would come when a table has 10 entries already.  The way the program works, I'd have to add the new entry with your new name in 10th place, which would remove that entry.  Unless I remove the millerbrad entry first.  Probably wouldn't be too hard.  Just time consuming because I'd have to do it on each game you've submitted a game to.  As with other GameEx aspects, you'd have to ask Tom as he controls the user accounts.

Sup GameEx'rs!

My apologies for being gone for a while, a lot of stuff has gone on with me personally and I was getting a little burnt out of the constant competitions (outside of GameEx) and I latched on to Pokemon GO at launch and found such a wonderful local community with new friends and good times that allowed me to heal. Not to mention I only keep adding to my console and GOG/Steam backlogs with every sale or bundle I see. My gaming priorities are all over the place. (I can be found under username ExedExes on both of those services)

My unofficial return to gaming competition came last summer as I participated in Crap Tournament 10. With an impressive 6th place overall out of 57 competitors, I knew I had what it took to get the fire back. Now with the Yolympics making their triumphant return next month, and yours truly captaining a team for the 3rd year in a row, I decided to turn my attention back to the GameEx empire and all the games I missed in the past year. I'm liking the changes made here, playing games quarterly keeps things going better and most importantly gives me time to breathe once again.

I have identified all the games I am currently missing scores from here, and I intend to return back to the business of score smashing (as I am known for at Retro Uprising). I see a few Namco shmups in my future.... good times.

Hopefully my next absence won't nearly be as long! I am putting up five new scores to get started. Thanks for keeping the spirit of competition alive! Look for ExedExes in Yolympics 2019 with the best team ever!

• Like 2

I knew you weren't too far away.  Looking forward to seeing what you can come up with!  I've just recently started trying the quarterly method.  It mostly came up out of necessity because I'm the only one moderating now.  It just seemed like too much work creating a new Game of the Month every month when we'd only get maybe 4-5 entries the whole time.  I tried every other month for a while, but participation has really dropped off.  I don't want to completely stop the feature competitions, because it seems they're the only reason people keep coming back.  I guess that's just the struggle we'll have to deal with going forward.  This GOTQ is only the 2nd one.  We'll see how well it pans out.

• 1 year later...