All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

LEADERBOARD Hi-Score Competition

Updated Leaderboard to show new movements since last update.

@patrickfx - Don't get discouraged because you're low on the totem poll.  You only played 1 game so far.  Play more games, and your placement will shoot up!  You don't have to be really good either.  This board calculates your position based on how many games you play AND the placement on them, so even if you're not GREAT at some games, you'll still have the opportunity to earn 10 points for each game you play as long as you get at least 10th place, and there are SO MANY GAMES that don't have 10 players posted yet.  So get on it!

Updated Leaderboard to represent recent movements.  I'm now in 8th (from 10th), so check and see where you've moved!  Keep those scores coming in, beat your peers, and move up the board!  Even if you submit a crappy score, or don't beat anybody, as long as you submit something and make it on the board (with a score better than the #10 spot), you earn points for you submission.  So there's no reason not to post a score.  And you earn MORE points based on your position.  So if a game only has 5 players on the board, your submission, even if it's just 1 point, is still worth 50 points on your Leaderboard scoring, which is better than 0 if you don't submit anything!

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, cnells2000 said:

where is the competition gamelist located anyone and do i submit the score right here?

Each thread in the main forum is a game.  You submit your score in whatever thread correlates to the game you played.  THIS thread is used to show what your total score is, calculated from all of your submissions.

So... thanks to the increased activity provided by @Luigimaker, and hopefully the renewed enthusiasm.. I've gone ahead and updated the Leaderboard to show him how well he's already doing!  Let's welcome him into our competitions!

As for you Mr Luigi.. keep climbing that ladder!  The more games you play, even if you're not in the top 3, will add to your points.  You'll make it up in no time!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/8/2017 at 0:48 PM, hansolo77 said:

Updated Leaderboard for June's playing.  Notable movement: millerbrad!  From 12 to 11.  Almost in Top 10!

Hey, guys.. it's way more impressive than it sounds! :)

It took about 700 points to make that jump. Also, I'm pretty sure I've hit the Top Ten as of today! B)

Well, you're already there if we don't count TIF's scores.  I thought about how to remove him.  We can straight up remove his entry in the DBM, but that would leave huge gaps in the various games he played in.  Not to mention the ones he smashed as GOTM winner.  The only way I've been doing it right now is to remove his entries on the individual games first, get everybody moved up a spot, then going back to remaking the tables.  No biggie, we'll get there.  Just a shame we had to have a such a jerk guy show up with no desire to even use GameEx, just to kill the competition with his (now doubt cheating) incredible scores.  He only posted scores, and then when we called him out, he was rude and unwilling to cooperate.

As for those 700 points.. that is pretty impressive.  You have to remember, even though you get easy placement on games that only have 3 or 4 entries, you still have to place high enough to get the good points on the others.  That said, even if you placed in 10th place each time, you're already doing better than me who is down in the +10's all the time, and I'm in 7th.  Thought that's mostly because I've got more game entries than you.  But posting any score is better than no score at all, and every little bit helps!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, forest4585 said:

Hello all!

rtkiii invited me to join this post.  I love arcade games and live about and hour and a half from Galloping Ghost Arcade.  I'm looking forward to putting up some scores and competing with you all.

glad you were finally able to signup.  Forest is really good at Galaga so please do not banish him when he posts that score.  But really that is the only one he is great at...he is normal like the rest of us :)