All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

LEADERBOARD Hi-Score Competition

GameEx Hi-Score Competition
GameEx Hi-Score Competition Leaderboard

POSITION USER NAME TOTAL SCORE
1 ExedExes 7500
2 Mame Offender 6440
3 Cynicaster 4380
4 Luigimaker 3700
5 rtkiii 3390
6 Yung-Jedi 2650
7 millerbrad 2630
8 GimmeClassics 2570
9 Floyd Turbo 2400
10 KRC 2280
11 wolfman24 2000
12 hansolo77 1890
13 murve33 1390
14 patrickfx 1150
15 smario 850
16 helpman 750
17 be77amy 730
18 jedah 730
19 DazzleHP 700
20 RedDog 640
21 Adultery 570
22 garetmax 430
23 GeorgeT 430
24 DonPedro 400
25 Fallout_002 370
26 ehuonder 330
27 forest4585 330
28 Evilforces 230
29 stephen 230
30 Buzzin69 210
31 TodayIsForgotten 180
32 Tempest 160
33 greatstone 130
34 BrainBug 120
35 MNMax21 110
36 AlphaMario 60
37 PcTeknic 50
38 celly 40
39 emmarillo 20
Last Updated by hansolo77: 07-31-2020

General Leaderboard
You can compete for your position at our General Leaderboard ! Your hi-score position on each game will earn you points for our Leaderboard :)

Hi-Score game position no.1 = 100 points
Hi-Score game position no.2 = 90 points
Hi-Score game position no.3 = 80 points
Hi-Score game position no.4 = 70 points
Hi-Score game position no.5 = 60 points
Hi-Score game position no.6 = 50 points
Hi-Score game position no.7 = 40 points
Hi-Score game position no.8 = 30 points
Hi-Score game position no.9 = 20 points
Hi-Score game position no.10 = 10 points

Each hi-score game can be played constantly. So if you for example drop from 3rd to 4th place on Donkey Kong your leaderboard points for Donkey Kong drops from 80 to 70 points.

You can check - at any moment - your leaderboard total by simply adding up the individual points of your current hi-score game positions.

Note: you have to beat a player's hi-score to receive the game position hi-score points. In case of a tie the second player who submits the same score gets 10 points less. The same principle is followed when three or more players have submitted the same score.

Hi-Score Game of the Month
Each month we will also have a Game of the Month competition (May 2013 = Galaga) which will introduce new games to our hi-score competition.
A Hi-Score Game of the Month has the same rules and points scoring system as any hi-score game. However, after each month the Game of the Month results will be published in our Game of the Month Winners thread and the winner will also be rewarded with a 'champion banner' to add to their signature (free of will of course ;) ) After each month the previous "Game of the Month" will become a regular hi-score game and can be played constantly.

More games will be added ...
Every month a new game will be introduced through our Game of the Month competition.
Apart from this we will periodically add more games to make the hi-score competition even more interesting :)

Please leave a reply if you have any questions about our Leaderboard and points scoring system.

Happy Hi-Scoring,

~The HS Team

• Like 8

Updated the Leaderboard: nice work Ehuonder!

Also added a little visual element ;)

Correction:

I made a little mistake on the first edition of our Leaderboard (May 21st) :blink: > I gave too much points for each "Game of the Month" hi-score position. Initially we would be awarding players more points for a "Game of the Month" hi-score position but we (me and Han) decided it would be best and most clear for everyone if each hi-score game would earn you the same amount of points. Sorry, won't happen again :wacko:

Example

My Leaderboard total of 200 points as of May 22nd is calculated as follows:

Donkey Kong 2nd position = 70 points

Centipede 3rd position = 50 points

Mario Bros 2nd position = 70 points

Game of the Month Galaga 6th position = 10 points

Happy Hi-Scoring !

GC

I love how it can always be changing so even if someone jojns in a year from now they can climb up the charts as well just by playiong and beating other high scores. Nice work on this guys!

Thank you rtkiii :)

initially we wanted points earned with "Game of the Month" stick with you. But we decided this would not be a good idea. It would be very hard for somebody new to compensate these points when he was too late joining a previous Game of the Month competition. A newcomer should have the same chances for a good leaderboard-position as someone already playing our Hi-score competition for a year or longer! When previous points earned would stick with you this is not the case.

Thank you for acknowledging this :)

GC

• Like 1

Yeah we even discussed maybe giving the GOTM players a 2x bonus for playing that game. But it was also decided that by giving such an advantage would make somebody new unable to earn the same amount of points even if they were to beat the 1st place score. This way it's all fair. We just need to find something else to honor the GOTM players. Something is in the works, we'll have more details soon!

• 2 weeks later...

We welcome Adultery to our GameEx Hi-Score Competition :)

You're more than welcome my friend ! It's an honor to have you aboard !

Thank you for your submission and good luck playing our hi-score games ^_^

GC and

Han

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ahh that won't last. It's only because of the games no one had played yet. ;)

I have a few super low first place positions right now. Just waiting for people to compete with. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have been thinking about improving the process of updating our Leaderboard....

Me and Han have been giving mod-rights which allows us to update each hi-score thread. Because of having an image-based Leaderboard Han could not change or update our Leaderboard. I have therefore now made a text-based Leaderboard.

Adultery has updated the Hi-Score Database Manager (:)) which allows us to easily calculate and generate our Leaderboard (points). Having changed our Leaderboard to a text-based version every post can now be updated by either Han or me :)

Thank you for joining our Hi-Score Competition Tempest ! It's an honor having another GameEx veteran joining our competition. You're more than welcome !! :)

Thank you for your submission and good luck playing our hi-score games ^_^

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello wolfman24 !

First of all, welcome to the GameEx Community :)

You're more than welcome to join our Hi-Score Competition :)

You have to use M.A.M.E. to play our hi-score games. GameEx is the frontend you can choose to run M.A.M.E. with but isn't necessary to join our Competition.

GameEx is however great to use as a frontend to play your M.A.M.E.-games, so my advice > post a new topic at the General forum and ask for help with your miscrosoft.net 2 problem. I really think they can help you out ;)

I've sent you a personal message (see little envelop at the top right section of your screen) about our Hi-Score competition with info on how to join our competition and some general rules. If you have any questions about our competition you can always sent me a PM :)

Thank you for joining our Hi-Score Competition and good luck playing our hi-score games :)

GimmeClassics (GC)

• 3 months later...

Ha! My wife and I had our first child recently and I have not been on here in forever! This is awesome! I am going to have to start trying to get some of these scores! Thanks for all the amazing work GimmeClassics. This is sweet!

EDIT: Hansolo too!

• Like 4