All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Crash when selecting theme

jonboon

Hello

I am using the default, just installed free version of Game Ex on a Win7 64 bit Toshiba Sat.

Whenever I open the Config Wizard and get to the theme selection, I get the following error (here is a link if my image doesnt load) http://imgur.com/QWERybF

It's an "unhandled exception"

I looked around and couldn't find where anyone else has this error, do any of you veterans have an idea?

thanks

-boon

post-17023-0-25557000-1369004054_thumb.p

Sorry you are having issues with your installation of GameEx. When reporting a possible GameEx bug or error, please ensure you submit a copy of your log.txt and gameex.ini file so we may quickly assist you. Please refer to this link for additional information.

Hi jonboon and welcome to the GameEx forums!

Just out of curiosity, did you install the Default Themes when you installed GameEx? Check out the image in this post to see what I'm talking about.

Short of that, what do you see in the following directory (this assumes you installed to the root of C:\ otherwise check your install directory for GameEx)?

C:\GameEx\themes\

I troubleshooting doesn't turn up any good leads I'd consider redownloading the installer and running a fresh clean installation of GameEx.