All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Can't get ePSXe to work with gameex :(

Querschnitt

Hey Guys!

First of all: Sorry if my english is bad, it's not my native language :)

I have the following problem:

My ePSXe 1.8.0 works fine without gameex. I'm mounting my Image (.cue file with multiple .bin files), select Start CD Rom and the game works fine.

When I start the game with gameex, the screen turns black and then I see gameex again. When I quit gameex, I see that the image was successfully mounted, but it just doesn't start :(

here is my config. I hope you can tell me what to do! (Btw: All my psx game images are 1 cue file and multiple bin files)

[

Emulator]CDCheckFile=CDCheck=FalseRandomMostPlayed=TrueShowMostPlayed=TruePlayInScreenSaver=FalseGamesIn7Zips=FalsePCGame=FalseSelectionMusicFolder=PlaySelectionMusic=FalseDontShowInfo=PlayMusic=FalseCustomBackground=ExcludedFiles=LaunchAfter=LaunchBefore=AlsoLaunch=Debug=FalseShowDesktop=TrueRemoveBrackets=TrueCapitals=FalseReplaceUnder=TrueReplaceDash=FalseSendKeys=WaitBeforeKeys=MapKeys=TrueWorkingPath=e:\psx emulatorControlPanelPath=E:\gameex\Assets\Sony Playstation\ControlsManualPath=E:\gameex\Assets\Sony Playstation\ManualsCartPath=E:\gameex\Assets\Sony Playstation\CartridgesBoxPath=E:\gameex\Assets\Sony Playstation\BoxesTitlePath=E:\gameex\Assets\Sony Playstation\TitlesSnapPath=E:\gameex\Assets\Sony Playstation\SnapsRomPath=e:\psx games\extractedMapFile=[Console] Sony Playstation.mapConfigFile=[Mapping Off] Exit (Process Close)Database=[Console] Sony PlaystationRomFilter=*.cueCommand=ePSXe.exe -nogui[-VIRTUALDRIVE-]StartPageLogo=Sony PlaystationStartPageName=[Console] Sony Playstation (ePSXe)TitleText=Sony PlaystationInfo=Sony Playstation EmulatorWebsite=http://www.epsxe.com/RequiredFiles=scph1001.bin (512kb)DownloadUrl=http://www.gamesdbase.com/setupwizard/emulators/download/epsxe.7zRating=8.3Version=1.70Emulator=ePSXeCategory=ConsoleSystem=Sony PlaystationEnabled=True

Maybe this will help.

I use this as my command line

epsxe.exe -nogui -slowboot -loadbin "[rompath]\[romfile]" -loadmemc0 "memcards\[rom]"

and I point the rom folder to where the images/cue or bin are

Thx for the suggestion, but it only helps me partially :(

Some games run now.. (the games with a single cue and bin file), but most of my games have multiple bin files.. epsxe tries to boot them, but after the white sony logo all I see is a glitchy, black screen and the emulator freezes. But these games work fine when I mount them and start them on the emulator with the "use cdrom" option

I don't know.. I think so, but I don't remember.. :) Can I reinstall it somehow ? :)

Edit: I installed Gameex again, but the Installer never asked me about installing iso support or something like that :(

No; I mean a registered user of GameEx. There are 2 different versions, and more features are unlocked if you buy the software. The installer may be checking for the registry key and, after not finding it, only offering options to a free user.

i didnt used the command-line option for this. try to use the before and after commands in the setup-wizard.

in the Emulator Setup this is my command-line:

epsxe.exe -nogui -loadmemc0 "memcards\[rom]"

this is what i put in "Launch Before" in the Advanced Emulator Setup:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -mount scsi, 0,"[rompath]\[romfile]"

and this is what i put in "Launch After" in the Advanced Emulator Setup:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -unmount scsi, 0

i tried to setup my epsxe yesterday and had the same problems, but this should work, at least for me :).

you wrote: ".... but most of my games have multiple bin files.. epsxe tries to boot them, but after the white sony logo all I see is a glitchy, black screen and the emulator freezes."

you may need to merge the files, to make one big single image file, to make it work in epsxe. look here: http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/12269-playstation-cue-with-multiple-bins-tracks-fixed/

or use one of the plugins from gameex for loading multiple bins. my advice is to checkout nullpointers great tool: http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/11902-release-switchdisc-104/

hope it helps, ;) i am german too and you can PM me, in case of troubleshooting.

• Like 1

Thx! :) You've helped me! All Games I've tested so far worked with this method! even the Multiple bin images :)

you wrote: "you may need to merge the files, to make one big single image file, to make it work in epsxe. look here: http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/12269-playstation-cue-with-multiple-bins-tracks-fixed/

"

I don't think I need to do that :) Because multiple bin images work fine with epsxe and now they run with gameex too :) and converting all games to a single image would be very time consuming :)

thx for your help! :)