All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

I'm confused why you're using that method instead of just using MAME's built in screen grabber. You can put the saved pictures anywhere you want, and whatever tool you're using to sync should find it easy enough. Oh well. Least you got it working! Nice score bud!

If Iuse mame's own screen capture it places the snapshots on the snapshot folder of mame (if it does it in any other folder, I couldn't find how). then I would need to move them to another folder so I could sync them online, and again, I have no keyboard on the cabinet :D

Besides that, using fraps lets me take screenshots or record movies easily, save them wherever I like (on a folder already marked to be synced online with google drive) and with fraps and a custom set on xpadder (snapshots on f12 key, on xpadder the combo makes 1 button change to control set 2 while pressed and then another button produces the f12 key using control set 2) I can get snapshots with the same combo for gameex, mame, nestopia, model2, zinc, future pinball... anything :D

all them saved on the same folder, sync online with google drive and updated on local folders on my laptop and desktop pcs without needing to touch a single key :D

EDITED: found this on a drawer... still works, so now I have a keyboard and mouse on my cabinet... kinda...

10pcs-wireless-mouse-remote-control-usb-

I see.. There is a way to configure MAME to save your snapshots anywhere you like. Go here (link) and look at steps 4a and 4b. You don't need a keyboard, just use the mouse to select the folder you want to save in. Anyway, long as you got a system that works, that's all that matters. :)

So...

HI> 45,490

INITIALS> DNK

MAME> 0.147 compiled

Settings as requested.

post-680-0-92651100-1370553087_thumb.png

Let's do Tapper too!!!

@ Adultery: thank you for your Mario Bros. submission :)

I've updated the OP Hi-Score table and our Leaderboard with your Donkey Kong and Mario Bros. submission !

Your hi-score position on each game will earn you points for our Leaderboard so good luck playing our hi-score games :)

Tapper seems like a fun game: ARCADE + MAME + BEER > what more to wish for ;)

We'll definitely add this game to next month's poll (maybe even sooner ;) )

GC

• 2 weeks later...

Improved my personal best score: 51,090 > 78,760 :)

> Score: 78,760 points

> Initials used: DEN
> Settings used of post #1 (HARD)
> Mame 0.147 compiled used
> Screenshot of my hi-score:

post-10451-0-06898600-1371748433_thumb.p

GC

Updated OP

• 4 months later...

My first and last score for this game (using the settings in the first post)

I took the screenshot when I just finished putting my initials on the screen.

To be honest this game is not that hard.

Initials: KRC

123,180 pts

post-9120-0-48519500-1383696258_thumb.pn

My first and last score for this game (using the settings in the first post)

To be honest this game is not that hard.

123,180 pts

That's a very good score at hard settings !! Good job :)

Sorry I'm a bit late catching up the thread/tables. Been kinda busy! :) Thats a nice score KRC. Why say this is your first 'and last'? Didn't like it,or feel nobody will beat you? :)

I was also a bit late updating our database ;) Thanks Han for updating this thread.

@ KRC > quoting Han: "Why say this is your first 'and last'? Didn't like it, or feel nobody will beat you? :)"

Updated the Leaderboard.

Why say this is your first 'and last'? Didn't like it,or feel nobody will beat you? :)

I think the score is beatable but there's only so much of this game i can take, When i had a NES in the 80's I played this game a little too much.

• 2 months later...

I'm still working on getting the snap plugin working, but I got 79,500. I'll get there soon enough.

Thanks for re-joining our competition MNMax !! Your post of april last year gave me the idea to create a hi-score competition like it is today :)

Please remember you can compete for your position at our GameEx Leaderboard ! Your hi-score position on each hi-score game will represent points for your Leaderboard position :)

Good luck playing our hi-score games.

Updated Leaderboard

• 4 weeks later...

Mario Bros. I played the Atari 2600 port more than this.

But, a respectable score.

ExedExes - 73,280

(note, there is a score of 81K, but that one I used in a short-lived MAME score thread over on the Racketboy forums. This game remembers old scores well! 73,280 is what I got today.)

post-25936-0-69455500-1392440751_thumb.p

Mario Bros. I played the Atari 2600 port more than this.

But, a respectable score.

ExedExes - 73,280

(note, there is a score of 81K, but that one I used in a short-lived MAME score thread over on the Racketboy forums. This game remembers old scores well! 73,280 is what I got today.)

A respectable score, puts you bang in the middle :) I used to play Vs. with my brother for hours on the NES version - can't seem to get into it on single player though. The controls don't seem right and i don't know why lol

*Updated OP, DB, RSS

Yeah I too played the Atari version, never the arcade. When this game was listed on our competition, I failed horribly for probably the same reaason Dazzle suggests. The controls are screwy when trying to jump diagonally. Don't know why, but it makes all the difference for me.