All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Mario Bros
Mario Bros Leaderboard

POSITION USER NAME TOTAL SCORE
1 Yung-Jedi 148,350 Yung-Jedi's Hi-Score Entry
2 ExedExes 130,680 ExedExes's Hi-Score Entry
3 KRC 123,180 KRC's Hi-Score Entry
4 Mame Offender 101,470 Mame Offender's Hi-Score Entry
5 Adultery 101,370 Adultery's Hi-Score Entry
6 rtkiii 97,770 rtkiii's Hi-Score Entry
7 GimmeClassics 88,490 GimmeClassics's Hi-Score Entry
8 Cynicaster 80,080 Cynicaster's Hi-Score Entry
9 MNMax21 79,500 MNMax21's Hi-Score Entry
10 millerbrad 65,400
Last Updated by hansolo77: 07-24-2020

plus10.jpg

1. Floyd Turbo - 63,450 points
  2. GeorgeT - 55,680 points
  3. helpman - 49,490 points (link)
  4. hansolo77 - 42,030 points (link)
  5. ClassicGMR - 39,820 points (link)

Please use these settings when submitting a hi-score for Mario Bros.:

ROM-set: Mario / Mario Bros. [uS]
Lives: 3
Bonus Life: 20000
Difficulty: Hard *
Special Rules: This is a Single Player ONLY variation!
NOTE: In MAME 0.106 the dip switches are backwards for MEDIUM & HARD. Please set your dip switches to MEDIUM as this will be the tracking for HARD difficulty. This only counts for MAME 0.106. Being an old version of MAME you probably just have to set your dip switches to HARD as stated above.

# you can change your Mame dip switch settings by following this guide > link
# you can make a printscreen of your hi-score screen by following this guide > link
# general rules for submitting you hi-score > link
# the above settings are the default Twin Galaxies settings > link

The first created "Hi-Score Competition - Mario Bros." - thread unfortunately wasn't setup according to the rules we finally agreed upon.
Post #1 didn't have a summary of the gamesettings which have to be used. A few scores were submitted but which settings were used is not clear. That's why this new Mario Bros. thread is created. The old one will be blocked for new submissions. Hoping for your understanding.
Please submit your new Mario Bros Hi-Scores to this new thread and use the above settings! Only these new submissions are valid and will count for the Leaderboard.

Good luck and have fun!

GC

* p.s.: I have chosen for difficulty "Hard" because this is - by far - the most used setting at Twin Galaxies.

Well since we now got an official thread for this game, I felt I needed to submit a newer higher score than what I had on the old thread. So here is my newest one..

post-569-0-44260000-1368475651_thumb.png

Used HARD as per rules.

Initials used: HAN

Reached Level 6 ("Flies")

Score: 42030

Here's my new Mario Bros. hi-score :)

> Score: 51,090 points

> Initials used: DEN
> Settings used of post #1 (HARD)
> Mame 0.147 compiled used
> Screenshot of my hi-score:

post-10451-0-53960300-1368988066_thumb.p

GC (Dennis)

Updated the OP and link

managed to bump to 83K but not enough to make me post the proof...getting alot better at this game but have troubles at stage 9 and 10 every time.

You're pretty good at this game rtkiii :) !

Teaser: a player's current hi-score position at each hi-score game will count towards the Leaderboard which will be made public in a few days.

Your no.1 position at Mario Bros. will earn you 100 points for the Leaderboard.

GC

(ps: Han, I've sent you another PM about our competition..)

I was feeling it today...I was sitting at the 6th or 7th level with 4 or 5 guys :)

Final - 97,770

Oh well I suck at Dkong but I feel good with this game :)

post-11179-0-40275700-1369155127_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there! Yeah, HARD. And this time it happened like galaga... so, suuuuure, I can get a nice high score and... what theeeeee.... fire balls everywhere chasing me! AAAAARGH! darn crabs! darn fireballs, darn fast turtles.... XD I think I'm too used to the easy modes LOL...

What about wonder boy 3? please? at default setting I can play (sometimes) up to the queen bee... at least on that one I would make a decent highscore LOL

@ Helpman > looks like you've submitted a screenshot of Donkey Kong in this Mario Bros thread.....it's the same picture and hi-score as you donkey kong submission :huh:

Did you make a mistake uploading your hi-score of Mario Bros. ?

Hope to hear from you :)

GC

Hi there! Yeah, HARD. And this time it happened like galaga... so, suuuuure, I can get a nice high score and... what theeeeee.... fire balls everywhere chasing me! AAAAARGH! darn crabs! darn fireballs, darn fast turtles.... XD I think I'm too used to the easy modes LOL...

What about wonder boy 3? please? at default setting I can play (sometimes) up to the queen bee... at least on that one I would make a decent highscore LOL

Hi Helpman, we'll add the game to "Poll for the month of: July"

Maybe Wonder Boy 3 will be selected for Game of the Month if it gets enough votes :)

GC

• Like 1

So... I made it!

I managed to raise my highscore AND take a nice snapshot on a different folder (using fraps with a xpadder combo), so googledrive would automatically upload and sync to my other computers, so here I'm now, uploading another highscore of my cabinet from my desktop pc :D :D

49490 !!! YEEEEEEHAAAAAA!

(btw, I'm not just happy for the highscore, but being able to run fraps, teamviewer, xpadder, access to wifi, google drive and still run GameEx without losing focus... I had to remove turboshell and now on my cabinet you can see windows loading, but.. oh well, it's a minor cosmetic problem :D once gameex runs, everything's all right :D)

post-14523-0-85977000-1370098926_thumb.j

Nice improvement on your score helpman! Getting pretty close to my second place ;)

I'm glad you've found a solution for saving a snapshot!

If I finally decide to build a cab I'll probably ask you how you managed to accomplish all of this: using a combo of fraps, teamviewer, xpadder, access to wifi and google drive. NICE :)

Thanks!

GC

Updated OP with new hi-score by helpman