All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pole Position and other 360 wheel games playable with a 270 degree wheel - Looking more like reality

thurmansevolution

Hello and good morning/evening with some good news to report.

I'm becoming really, really close to having Pole Position, as well as other 360 games work with a 270 degree wheel - or at least really playable :).

I am using a Logitech G27 Wheel, with it's settings for 270 degrees for that game. What I learned so far, is not really trying to remap the controls under the Logitech Profile, but more of configuring settings for the rom and in MAME itself.

Of course, doing what I'm about to tell you won't be 100% perfect (yet) - you won't be able to spin the wheel like it was meant to be spun for the game, but as long as you drive it like a normal 270 game, you can easily finish laps with little to no problems.

The way I have it set (so far, still have to tweak it up a little - maybe with a script):

For Pole Position -

Deadzone = .05

Joystick Saturation = .70

(In Mame "Analog Settings")

Paddle Digital Speed = 0

Paddle Sensitivity = 2%

Also, if you have a logitech wheel, I found it a good idea to map out the gear button to using the cluch pedal. Don't ask me why, lol, it just seems easier and a better feel for limited controls.

Please feel free to let me know what ya think.

LC

• Like 1