All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Galaga

Not a bad score! You knocked everybody down a notch with that one, except for our GOTM winner celly. You're really close though! Thanks for the submission and welcome to the forums/competition! It's always nice to get new people interested in playing. We've got lots more games to play too, so please feel free to submit a score for those as well. And remember, even if you don't have a super high score, just submitting ANY score will give you some position on the Leaderboard.

@ be77amy: thank you for your hi-score submission and welcome to our hi-score competition !

I've sent you a Personal Message (see little envelope at the top of your screen) with some more info about our competition. I'm glad you've joined: the more the merrier :)

Updated OP, DB, LB

Lol! I was just in the process of updating the OP and then saw you had done it for me! Welcome back GC! Also, did you notice an issue with the Hi-Score Database program not working when you added be77amy's score? For me it modified the 2nd place entry back to NEW USER and removed all the score data. I posted to Adultery about it.

• 4 weeks later...

It's a tough game on hardest difficulty :wacko: I wish I could break the 100K a few of our hi-score members were able to do....well, I need more practice I guess.

Thanks for your submission Wolfman. You're becoming one of our regular hi-score members: nice ! :)

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• 4 months later...

If you told me we were doing Galaga, I'd say no problem, I'd go Toobin-style good score on this one. Then I found out we gotta do it on Rank D. My confidence dropped, but not my score. It's more brutal on this difficulty for sure.

ExedExes - 118,820 - Settings were confirmed as correctly used on MAMEUI32 0.141

0002_zpse5db9571.png

If you told me we were doing Galaga, I'd say no problem, I'd go Toobin-style good score on this one. Then I found out we gotta do it on Rank D. My confidence dropped, but not my score. It's more brutal on this difficulty for sure.

ExedExes - 118,820 - Settings were confirmed as correctly used on MAMEUI32 0.141

Another one to join the 100K+ Galaga hi-score club. Congratz with your #3 spot :)

...and yes, it's a tough game at Rank D :blink:

Updated OP, DB, RSS

Yeah, looking back, I probably should have set the difficulty on Hammerin' Harry to HARD. Looks like a lot of the games from TwinGalaxies used a harder difficulty whenever it was available to be chosen. We're just being nice here and I went with the defaults. Galaga on Rank D was insane, I should probably go back and play it again sometime.

Initials - AAA

It wouldn't even let me type my initials on the screen? But rest assured it is my hi score.

Good one KRC, any left for you to get a score on? :)

Updated OP, DB, RSS

You'll have to forgive tbe terrible quality of this pic but i've had it a while!

Is that 189,590? Hard to see for SURE. I'll go with that until you can confirm or tell me the correct score!

Updated Op, DB, RSS (again)

Just to alert everybody.. the leaderboard for this game is now FULL as far as our Database program Adultery created it concerned, so I'm unable to add more users, instead I have to remove the lowest scores from the board. This raises a question of concern and thought I'd get the community's opinion on the matter... Just because the DB program is limited to 10, we can still update the OP leaderboard and have more than that. Should we keep the lowest scores on the board, or just remove them? For now, I'm going to leave them.

If I am top 10 or higher please remove the low scores...if I am below top 10 please leave them :) - j/k

Um....I say only keep top 10 for all games. The main leader board that compiles the overall points for all games should list everyone who has a score.

I don't know if my vote holds much clout being that I'm not a "Power Scorer" :ph34r:, but personally I wouldn't see any issue with dropping the lower scores from the list beyond the 10 highest. After all that's generally the way the arcade cabinets themselves operated, so it seems fitting that the contest might also operate in that same fashion. Survival of the fittest baby! :)

It's your guys call, and whatever you decide I know it will be the best decision for the purpose of the high score boards.

Well apparently we have a number of games now that are beyond 10 players, and it looks like GC was willing to keep the lower scores still on the OP board, at least for the games he updated. That's how I was playing it too. I mean, if we get like 50 or more people participating, then yeah; 10 scores or so. But we only have like 15 people at most (18 to be precise) playing anyway, so it's not that big a deal right now.