All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Galaga

I'm getting the hang of it :)

Here's my new Galaga hi-score submisson: :)

> Hi-score: 71,200 points

> Settings used of post #1
> Mame 0.147 compiled used
> Screenshot of my hi-score:

post-10451-0-78260000-1368295214_thumb.p

Happy Hi-scoring !

GC

• Like 1

Good Job ClassicGMR. It's still a goal worth shooting for. I haven't been trying lately cause I was setting up my Atomiswave and NAOMI emulators. But I'm off again tomorrow and I'm gonna be playing some more!

Question is: I have it on my cabinet, no keyboard at all... just a mouse hidden inside for emergencies LOL... what about a low-tech screen capture using my cellphone's camera?

I Just use the rom "as is", not changing any default settings... I hope that's fine :D

Hi Helpman!

First of all: welcome to our Hi-Score Competition. I'm glad you've joined :) The more the merrier ;)

About "not changing any default settings"

You can always submit a hi-score. When you want your name and hi-score to be published in our Hi-Score Table and Leaderboard you'll have to use the settings of post #1 of the particular game-thread.

However: If you've never changed any game settings MAME uses the default game settings. What does this mean...?

Galaga: the game settings in post #1 do not match the default game settings. By default the game willl setup into EASY mode. Our game settings require you to use HARDEST mode. If you have never changed Galaga's settings we can unfortunately not publish your submission in our hi-score table and leaderboard. We want to create a fair competition and therefore everybody has to use the same game settings as published in post #1 of each game-thread. I hope you understand ;)

Donkey Kong: the game settings in post #1 match the default game settings. So, if you have never changed these settings we'll be glad to publish your hi-score in the hi-score table and leaderboard. Please let us know...

Centipede: the game settings in post #1 do not match the default game settings. By default the game willl setup into EASY mode. Our game settings require you to use HARD mode. If you have never changed Centipedes settings we can unfortunately not publish your submission in our hi-score table and leaderboard.

Mario Bros: the game settings in post #1 do not match the default game settings. By default the game willl setup into EASY mode. Our game settings require you to use HARD mode. If you have never changed Mario Bros. settings we can unfortunately not publish your submission in our hi-score table and leaderboard.

Again, you can always play and submit your hi-score but if you want your name and hi-score to be published in the hi-score table and leaderboard, you'll have to use the game-settings of post #1. I hope you understand. Other than that: glad you've joined :)

Thanks,

GC

Hi there!

For this game I changed the dipswtiches to hardest, so it's fine for the contest XD lowest score of them all, but it's on hardest mode :D I haven't changed the donkey kong settings as I think those are the default ones, but this one tempted me... I though I was a nice player... until I set that to hardest LOL...

Hi Helpman, I've edited my post #63

Thank you for your Galaga submission. I'll update the hi-score table and Leaderboard today :)

Your hi-score position on each game will determine your Leaderboard total. The more games you play the better your Leaderboard position :)

Every hi-submission is welcome. You don't have to beat the best. Most important: have fun playing these arcade classics :)

GC

Sure I have fun, but I lost my skills somewhere on the last hmmm... 20 years ROFL :D

I must confess I never played centipede, but I'll give it a try, and meanwhile I'll try to think on a way so I could get screenshots on my cabinet with a keycombo and then I'll need something to upload them automatically to photobucket or something... hmmm...

Nice score, glad to have you on board! :) Look for more exciting games in the future!

And remember, you can come back and play this game more and keep submitting scores. Whatever your highest score is, that's the one we post on the OP high score table. So keep practicing and you'll get better!

Congratulations to celly with his win over the masses! He is hereby declared the MAY 2013 GOTM WINNER! With his unbeatable score of 120630 (link), it looks like nobody can top him! Do you think you have what it takes? Just because the GOTM competition is over, that doesn't mean you still can't play the game to earn achievement points in our all-time competition leaderboard. Just keep playing and submit those scores here! Let's knock celly off his pedestal and show him who's boss!

Thanks everybody for playing this month though. Looking forward to seeing you all in the June GOTM: Nitroball!

• Like 1

Congratulations Celly !

I'll definitely try improving my score on Galaga ! It's a real challenge beating Celly's score but I'm up for it :)

Looking forward playing the new Game of the Month: Nitroball.

Good luck everyone !

GC

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

There's no reason you can't still add scores to this thread. This game was just a highlight for the month, not meant to be only played during that month. I'm glad we got a new submission for this game. Hopefully this will help promote more scores to be submitted. :) Nice score by the way. Even if it's not the best, you still earn points for the leaderboard!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...