All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Galaga

LOST AND FOUND!!!!
May 2013 GOTM Winner: celly - 120,630  :link:

Galaga
Galaga Leaderboard

POSITION USER NAME TOTAL SCORE
1 forest4585 807,690 forest4585's Hi-Score Entry
2 KRC 274,680 KRC's Hi-Score Entry
3 be77amy 189,590 be77amy's Hi-Score Entry
4 ExedExes 157,050 ExedExes's Hi-Score Entry
5 garetmax 154,960 garetmax's Hi-Score Entry
6 Buzzin69 153,070 Buzzin69's Hi-Score Entry
7 Mame Offender 152,220 Mame Offender's Hi-Score Entry
8 Luigimaker 144,260 Luigimaker's Hi-Score Entry
9 celly 120,630 celly's Hi-Score Entry
10 GeorgeT 114,790 GeorgeT's Hi-Score Entry
Last Updated by hansolo77: 05-26-2018

plus10.jpg

1. hansolo77 - 105,000 (link)
  2. ClassicGMR - 98,390 (link)
  3. rtkiii - 81,230 (link)
  4. DazzleHP - 78,690 (link)
  5. GimmeClassics - 71,200 (link)
  6. ehuonder - 66,900 (link)
  7. millerbrad - 51,500 (link)
  8. wolfman24 - 30,110 (link)
  9. helpman - 27,110 (link)
  10. Adultery - 26,890 (link)

Please use these settings when submitting a hi-score for Galaga:

ROMSet: Galaga / Galaga [Namco Rev.B]
Service Mode: Off
Difficulty: Rank D [HARDEST]
Unknown: Off
Freeze: Off
Rack Test: Off
Unknown: Off
Cabinet: Upright
Bonus Life: 20k, 70k and every 70k thereafter.
Lives: 3
Special Rules: Usage of the trick to cause enemies to stop firing is banned. It has been deemed permissible for a player to intentionally play on the player 2 side so as to allow the millions-digit to show up in the final score.

---> By default, the game will setup into EASY mode. Twin Galaxies requires you to be in HARDEST Mode, so make sure you change it!

# you can change your Mame dip switch settings by following this guide > link
# you can make a printscreen of your hi-score screen by following this guide > link
# general rules for submitting you hi-score > link
# the above settings are the default Twin Galaxies settings > link

-Han

• Like 1

Figured I'd get a couple of games up on the board here. Galaga is a hard game to play when set to the required HARDEST setting. I didn't want to post a score until I at least bested the 20000 top score on the game. So, unfortunately, my score is actually pretty low and should be easily beatable by the elite guys here. Figured we needed a shmupper here anyway, what better way to start? :)

post-569-0-59164600-1366997485_thumb.png

Score: 25070

Initials Used: HAN

• Like 1

Quick question - are we allowed to post as many high scores as we like (if we beat our own)? Imma try get on this tomorrow! But if we only allowed 1 shot well then imma make sure i give celly a run :P not saying i'll beat him but i'll dam try! ^_^ sweet score there bud - way to set the bar :)

• Like 1

@ DazzleHP:

you're allowed to submit as many hi-scores as you want. If one or more of your submitted hi-scores are good enough for a top 5 position your personal best will be shown in the Hi-Score Table. This will prevent having a 'top player' populate the entire hi-score table.

Good luck with Galaga!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask :)

GC

> I've edited the Hi-Score Competition rules in regard to your question (link)

@ DazzleHP:

you're allowed to submit as many hi-scores as you want. If one or more of your submitted hi-scores are good enough for a top 5 position your personal best will be shown in the Hi-Score Table. This will prevent having a 'top player' populate the entire hi-score table.

Sweet! well in that case i'll post this one i just did, just to get my name on there for now. I'll be honest i only played Galaga once or twice as a kid - we had Moon Cresta at my local-cade which is similar but quite different :) i'll get the hang of it though! ;)

Score - 78690

PS. Does Galaga save the scores for anyone else? It won't for me which is weird! It saves for many others but not Galaga :( 148u1-nonag-hiscore self compile.

post-6865-0-42002700-1367310591_thumb.pn

post-6865-0-61201700-1367310603_thumb.pn

• Like 1

@ Dazzle:

nice score!

My Galaga hi-scores are being saved. I'm using a self compiled version of Mame 0.147

I think it depends on which Mame-version you're using. Maybe you should try compiling 0.147 and see if this works for you :)

GC

@ DazzleHP:

Good luck with Galaga!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask :)

GC

> I've edited the Hi-Score Competition rules in regard to your question (link)

Good call on this. I was going to discuss it with you to see what you think. I agree with what you said though so a discussion isn't necessary! :)

For future reference, if GC's explanation is difficult to understand... You will only have 1 entry in the top 5. You can beat your score and we will update the table. So if you're in say #2's spot and you beat the score but not #1's, you'll stay in #2 but with the newer score. Does that make sense? Or am I completely wrong. Hehe. It's fun trying to figure this out to make it fair. I think the idea is that we don't have the same person taking all 5 top positions because nobody can best the #5's spot.

- Han

(ps; updating table now)

Understood and completely agree! Otherwise i'd be in spot 2-5 right now as all my attempts were higher than 36620 :P

I think the easiest to way to put it is "Only your best score will be entered in the table, however you may beat your own score as many times as you want" :)

Doesn't move my rank but a personal best. :)

Nice score there! makes me wanna play it more! :D this is what it's about B)

Good job! Updating the Table! I'm still not able to beat my score. :( I hate sucking. heh

I'm taking that as you "don't like sucking banana's"! I don't either. So get your game on Han - Sir!

:P

I finally managed to get top spot, for some reason it wont let me attach an image.

Ive uploaded

Holy cow! That score is so high there's no way anybody could come close to beating it! I'm not even going to put that on the table, just to be fair. Heh. Seriously, you should submit that score to Twin Galaxies and earn some rep!

Here's my Galaga hi-score submisson: :)

> Hi-score: 52,710 points [i will try to get better... -_- ]
> Settings used of post #1
> Mame 0.147 compiled used
> Screenshot of my hi-score:

post-10451-0-82558900-1367785888_thumb.j

post-10451-0-54832100-1367785903_thumb.j

Happy hi-scoring!

GC (Dennis)