All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Centipede

Centipede
Centipede Leaderboard

POSITION USER NAME TOTAL SCORE
1 Mame Offender 98,942 Mame Offender's Hi-Score Entry
2 KRC 91,538 KRC's Hi-Score Entry
3 ExedExes 62,851 ExedExes's Hi-Score Entry
4 Cynicaster 59,616 Cynicaster's Hi-Score Entry
5 garetmax 47,947 garetmax's Hi-Score Entry
6 GimmeClassics 45,292 GimmeClassics's Hi-Score Entry
7 ehuonder 34,733 ehuonder's Hi-Score Entry
8 murve33 31,376 murve33's Hi-Score Entry
9 rtkiii 27,906 rtkiii's Hi-Score Entry
10 Floyd Turbo 22,732 Floyd Turbo's Hi-Score Entry
Last Updated by hansolo77: 07-24-2020

plus10.jpg

1. Luigimaker - 22,611 (link)
  2. celly - 20,381 (link)
  3. Buzzin69 - 16,931 (link)
  4. wolfman24 - 16,681 (link)
  5. millerbrad - 16,602 (link)
  6. hansolo77 - 13,948 (link)

Please use these settings when submitting a hi-score for Centipede:

ROMSet: Centiped / Centipede [Revision 3]
Service Mode: Off
Lives: 3
Bonus Life: Every 12,000 points
Difficulty: Hard
Special Rules: Usage of any spider-trap tactic is banned!

---> By default, the game will setup into EASY mode. Twin Galaxies requires you to be in Hard Mode, so make sure you change it!

# you can change your Mame dip switch settings by following this guide > link
# you can make a printscreen of your hi-score screen by following this guide > link
# general rules for submitting you hi-score > link
# the above settings are the default Twin Galaxies settings > link

-Han

I told my dad about the new competition idea and asked if he wanted to try out. He said no, but suggested we try to play some Centipede as he always had the high score for that at the arcade when he was younger. So I did it. It's hard to play with the controller stick, but when I discovered it could also use a trackball, I switched and it was much easier...

post-569-0-14700200-1366995142_thumb.png

Score: 13948

Initials used: HAN

I dunno, I just cut-pasted from Twin Galaxies... I guess theres some kinda ingame exploit that if you get caught doing it you're high score is disqualified.

Well since I can't find anything on it (been looking at Google for an hour) I guess it can't be that well known anyway. :)

EDIT: Found it.

@ Hansolo,

thank you for using my suggested layout when creating a hi-score thread. I think this definitely will create a clean and fair hi-score competition :)

I noticed my "Rules for submitting you hi-score" thread is integrated in the general "Hi-score competition" thread as a seperate post. I can live with that -_-

This is an updated link to the rules-post: http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/12699-hi-score-competition/?p=102755

The link in your post#1 is not working right now. Please used this new link :)

I'm really excited the competition is getting started !

Game On!

Here's my Centipede hi-score submisson: :)

> Hi-score: 21,128 points

> Settings used of post #1

> Mame 0.147 compiled used

> Screenshot of my hi-score:

post-10451-0-36511700-1367785394_thumb.j

Happy hi-scoring!

GC (Dennis)

• Like 1

Han and me are discussing about a leaderboard and scoring-system. So there is a pretty good chance you will be awarded points when you have a top 5 hi-score position on a game :) Centipede included!

Happy hi-scoring!

GC

This was never part of any official competition. When we first started, we were just making up game threads with a table of scores. Then we decided to put the games to a vote and just compete on 1 specific title per month. That way we wouldn't suddenly overwhelm the forum with lots of games all at once to be playing towards. You can still offer high scores and we'll update them to the tables. It's just not an "official" May game. I say "official" in quotes because we're not official by any means. It's just the idea is to spend more time playing 1 game instead of trying to beat scores on a bunch at once. :)

• Like 1

This was never part of any official competition. When we first started, we were just making up game threads with a table of scores. Then we decided to put the games to a vote and just compete on 1 specific title per month. That way we wouldn't suddenly overwhelm the forum with lots of games all at once to be playing towards. You can still offer high scores and we'll update them to the tables. It's just not an "official" May game. I say "official" in quotes because we're not official by any means. It's just the idea is to spend more time playing 1 game instead of trying to beat scores on a bunch at once. :)

I think this is still part of the discussion we're having in the thread "Hi-Score Competition - A Question for Draco".

@Rtkiii > we'll come up with our final discision in a short time > wether or not more games will count for our Hi-Score Leaderboard. We'll come back to you as soon as possible.

Happy hi-scoring :)

GC

Nice score! Good enough for 2nd! Already updated the OP. And you're exactly right. I look at this as a way to not only have a friendly competition, but to also relive the excitement of the old games. Who knows, we may get a newer game eventually. But for the most part, it's about enjoying the games we miss in the arcade and submitting our own personal best for others to try and beat on the own without the need to travel to that specific bar. :)

I dunno.. sounds kinda fishy.. lol it's cool. I did that on another game we haven't been playing. My true initials are AML, but I started using HAN so you guys will know it's me. No biggie. I'll update the OP!

And the whole HAN thing is actually kinda fun. I can picture in a future Star Wars movie the main character going into the Mos Eisley cantina and seeing a Star Wars arcade game there, and if you pause the movie at just the right frame, you can see that all the high scores were set by a mysterious stranger named HAN that nobody can beat. :)

EDIT -> And with that score, rtkiii takes the lead!

Nice job Celly :)

I'm also playing Centipede whithout a trackball...it's pretty hard! But I like, like it, yes, I do....Sorry, just hoping to catch a Stones-concert this year or the next...:)

Updated Leaderboard.

GC