All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Thanks to smario's latest attempt at this game, I decided to try it again.

At the Video Armageddon IX tour from Wolf last November, we played the DK variant Crazy Kong. I actually did pretty well on that game, because it was just a little bit easier and I learned a lot about all the stages (even the "pie factory"). I got 121,100 on that. So with all that experience, I was able to finally clear the first "pie factory" on the real thing, and get farther than ever before. This isn't enough to be top 5 but I am finally out of the basement so to speak.

ExedExes - 81,300

post-25936-0-51598700-1420347237_thumb.p

Thanks to smario's latest attempt at this game, I decided to try it again.

At the Video Armageddon IX tour from Wolf last November, we played the DK variant Crazy Kong. I actually did pretty well on that game, because it was just a little bit easier and I learned a lot about all the stages (even the "pie factory"). I got 121,100 on that. So with all that experience, I was able to finally clear the first "pie factory" on the real thing, and get farther than ever before. This isn't enough to be top 5 but I am finally out of the basement so to speak.

ExedExes - 81,300

Major improvement EX ! With your skills I knew you could beat your old score of 43K ;)

If you'll be able to beat the 3rd elevator stage I predict I'll have to start practicing again to defend my 3rd place score :)

Updated OP, DB, RSS

Nice one Ex! What I like about DK is how you actually do find ways to cope with its randomness once you spend a little time with it.

So, this week I'm out on vacation but I'll surely give it another try next week.

Meh, at least I jump one spot.

Improving your DK score is always a nice achievement :) Reading your response however I think your personal best is a bit higher ;)

Better than me, I'm still stuck on level 1.

When you find it hard to beat the first barrel stage you should skip the use of the bottom hammer and focus on getting as fast as possible to the top floor. On the top floor I recommend using the hammer and proceed to the far right side of the stage. Wait for the right moment and climb up the ladder, jump the barrels and save the princess :)

Using Cynicaster's - very well written - crash course will definitely help you to boost your score even further. Good luck Han !

Updated LB

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think this is my all-time high, submitted it for the Olympics as well

124,800 points

Welcome to the 100K+ club George. You've obviously improved your game and you're now able to beat the 3rd elevator stage ! Great work B)

Updated OP, DB, RSS

Welcome to the competition BrainBug! Expect to receive a PM from our fellow Moderator GimmeClassics with some details.

As for your score, I'm afraid I can't accept it. The biggest reason is that your GamerTag (BrainBug) doesn't match the screenshot. You are using the Snapper Tool (which is awesome!) but you are using different credentials. The Snapper Tools is configured to use MUCHI as the GamerTag, and MUC as the initials, while your true name is BrainBug. I have no reason to suspect this is a fraudulent score, however we do require that you configure the Snapper Tool with your GamerTag name, so we can appropriately associate the image with the player. If you can, please just reconfigure the tool and post a new snapshot, and we'll get your right in the game. Thanks for understanding!

• Like 1

First of all, welcome to our Hi-Score Competition !! You're more than welcome to join us. I've sent you a PM with some additional info about our competition :)

I have to agree with Hansolo's previous post however. We run a friendly hi-score competition and we don't expect members to record video or submit an INP-file or stuff like that. We do however use snapshots to associate the uploaded image with the hi-score member.

We were perhaps a bit more indulgent in the past but due to a few issues we ran into we unfortunately can no longer accept hi-score submissions without a correct snapshot. I must admit however we were perhaps not totally clear about the use of the snapper tool in regard to the "Username". Sorry about that ;)

Again, we don't ask much of our members other than playing with the correct settings, submit a correct snapshot and play honorable without cheats or extra credits ;). We'll add you to the Game- and Leaderboard as soon as we've received a new snapshot :) Thanks for joining BrainBug !

Updated LB

• Like 1

Still trying to improve my game and beat 200K ;) I even need to beat 223,5K to earn points for the Mame Olympics :blink:.

I got a minor improvement...my best is now 173,100. Man, I really love this game.

You just clipped my best by 2000 points!

Nice run on the Donkey Kong.

You must have hit lucky 7 level with that score then, or is that level 6 you died on?

• 2 months later...

Don't you mean by 27,700? Or am I looking at your screenshot wrong? LOL. In any case, 1000 up points is still better than 1000 short!

Updated OP, DB, RSS

EDIT: EEP! Your highest score submitted HERE was 220,700, and your new score is 1000 up. LOL!! Those new scores on the screenshot must be from today's game play. Doesn't it save your previous scores?

Don't you mean by 27,700? Or am I looking at your screenshot wrong? LOL. In any case, 1000 up points is still better than 1000 short!

Updated OP, DB, RSS

EDIT: EEP! Your highest score submitted HERE was 220,700, and your new score is 1000 up. LOL!! Those new scores on the screenshot must be from today's game play. Doesn't it save your previous scores?

Yes, all scores get saved (on games that support hiscore.dat, anyway), but I've got two different MAME rigs. I'm in the process of moving, and the full-sized cabinet used to achieve the older score is still not setup at my place. This score (and all other recent ones for me on here) was done using a smaller "pedestal" rig I built that has an X-Arcade tank stick as the controller.

• Like 1

Decided to have a random run on DK a few days ago and managed to eclipse my previous personal best by a whole 1000 points!

Personally, it's one of those games where I feel any score improvement is so cool B).

I'm still struggling to beat 200K. I'm gettin' closer though ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...