All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Man I don't know how you guys do it. I been playing and playing off and on and I finally get above the 4k minimum score to make it onto the game's table. Then I played more and actually got to 1st place on the game and it took out my last score. Anyway. After probably an hour's worth of playing total, the best I could come up with is around 8k. I don't know how you guys are in the +15k range. I suck. :)

attachicon.gifdkong0000.png

Used specified required settings. Reached level 2.

Score: 8100

Initials: HAN

Insane torture skills...yeah 15K is nothing compared to the 70k those other dudes have :)

Insane torture skills...yeah 15K is nothing compared to the 70k those other dudes have :)

LOL I'm one of those other dudes ^_^ LOL

What works for me on the barrel stage:

* when going from left to right: wait just on the right side of the ladder

* when going from right to the left: wait just on the left side of the ladder

Wait for a good moment to advance or climb up the ladder and avoid them nasty barrels ;)

Happy Hi-scoring !

GC

Update OP with new hi-score by Han > keep up the good work !

Funny thing is my second place score was my first game once the competition was announced... I've played about $10 worth of quarters since, and never bested my first score!!! My tips/strategies... Gotta love the hammers for improving your score! And, do one side and then the other on Rivet levels.

Took me an hour of trying to finally beat my high score... I even got to see the a level I never saw before! The conveyor belts move back and forth. Very cool. :)

post-7333-0-94172200-1369082248_thumb.pn

Great job ClassicGMR!

You're getting better :) .

Conveyer belt stages are cool. When you time it well (I prefer to not use the hammer on these stages) you can pretty fast clear these stages and earn a lot of points ^_^

Teaser: a player's current hi-score position at each hi-score game will count towards the Leaderboard which will be made public in a few days.
Your current no.3 position at Donkey Kong will earn you 50 points for the Leaderboard.

Thanks for submitting :)

GC

> Updated OP with new link and new high score

...Look, it's a bird, it's a plain, no it's SUPER-Ehuonder !!!

Nice score Ehuonder ! :)

I'll have to throw in some quarters to beat your score ....Challenging......I like it LOL

GC

> Updated OP with new link and new high score (Leaderboard will be updated in the next hour)

Hi there! I'm not good at all with this game LOL... but wanted to try...

Question is: I have it on my cabinet, no keyboard at all... just a mouse hidden inside for emergencies LOL... what about a low-tech screen capture using my cellphone's camera?

I Just use the rom "as is", not changing any default settings... I hope that's fine :D

EDITED: darn, gameex updating... but soon I'll post my deceiving "lowscore" LOL...

Hi there! I'm not good at all with this game LOL... but wanted to try...

Question is: I have it on my cabinet, no keyboard at all... just a mouse hidden inside for emergencies LOL... what about a low-tech screen capture using my cellphone's camera?

I Just use the rom "as is", not changing any default settings... I hope that's fine :D

EDITED: darn, gameex updating... but soon I'll post my deceiving "lowscore" LOL...

Hi Helpman!

First of all: welcome to our Hi-Score Competition. I'm glad you've joined :) The more the merrier ;)

About "not changing any default settings"

You can always submit a hi-score. When you want your name and hi-score to be published in our Hi-Score Table and Leaderboard you'll have to use the settings of post #1 of the particular game-thread.

However: If you've never changed any game settings MAME uses the default game settings. What does this mean...?

Donkey Kong: the game settings in post #1 match the default game settings. So, if you have never changed these settings we'll be glad to publish your hi-score in the hi-score table and leaderboard. Please let us know...

Galaga: the game settings in post #1 do not match the default game settings. By default the game willl setup into EASY mode. Our game settings require you to use HARDEST mode. If you have never changed Galaga's settings we can unfortunately not publish your submission in our hi-score table and leaderboard. We want to create a fair competition and therefore everybody has to use the same game settings as published in post #1 of each game-thread. I hope you understand ;)

Centipede: the game settings in post #1 do not match the default game settings. By default the game willl setup into EASY mode. Our game settings require you to use HARD mode. If you have never changed Centipedes settings we can unfortunately not publish your submission in our hi-score table and leaderboard.

Mario Bros: the game settings in post #1 do not match the default game settings. By default the game willl setup into EASY mode. Our game settings require you to use HARD mode. If you have never changed Mario Bros. settings we can unfortunately not publish your submission in our hi-score table and leaderboard.

Again, you can always play and submit your hi-score but if you want your name and hi-score to be published in the hi-score table and leaderboard, you'll have to use the game-settings of post #1. I hope you understand. Other than that: glad you've joined :)

Thanks,

GC

Hi Helpman, I've edited my post #44

Thank you for your Donkey Kong submission. I'll update the hi-score table and Leaderboard today :)

Thanks for joining :)

@rtkiii: thank you for your submission. Nice score ! :)

GC

helpman: Do you have an extra button on your control panel you're not using, or use rarely? You can map that to a TAB button easy enough in MAME. You'll need to at least have a keyboard temporarily so you can hit TAB to bring up the menu, but then you can set the default button to something else and be able to access it from then on out.

Personally, I'd grab a cheap keyboard from somewhere and just have it hooked up all the time. You never know when you'll need it.

I use both frontal blue buttons pressed at the same time to bring up tab menu, and anyway, set both flipper side nudge buttons for both snapshot and rendered snapshot, but mame places them on the snaps folder, and it's where I have all game's snapshots... it's a mess :D I have a full romset :D

If I were able to choose a different path for screenshot saving... but couldn't find one :(