All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Leaderboard

POSITION USER NAME TOTAL SCORE
1 Cynicaster 348,100 Cynicaster's Hi-Score Entry
2 Mame Offender 329,900 Mame Offender's Hi-Score Entry
3 smario 180,300 smario's Hi-Score Entry
4 KRC 178,900 KRC's Hi-Score Entry
5 GimmeClassics 172,300 GimmeClassics's Hi-Score Entry
6 GeorgeT 124,800 GeorgeT's Hi-Score Entry
7 Luigimaker 122,700 Luigimaker's Hi-Score Entry
8 ehuonder 119,300 ehuonder's Hi-Score Entry
9 BrainBug 94,700 BrainBug's Hi-Score Entry
10 wolfman24 86,300 wolfman24's Hi-Score Entry
Last Updated by hansolo77: 02-18-2020

plus10.jpg

1. Adultery - 85,900 (link)
  2. ExedExes - 81,300 (link)
  3. be77amy - 73,000 (link)
  4. rtkiii - 40,800 (link)
  5. ClassicGMR - 35,400 (link)
  6. celly - 17,600 points (link)
  7. helpman - 11,800 points (link)
  8. hansolo77 - 8,100 points (link)

Please use these settings when submitting a hi-score for Donkey Kong:

ROM-set: dkong / Donkey Kong [uS Set 1]
Lives: 3
Bonus Life: 7,000
Special rules: none

# you can change your Mame dip switch settings by following this guide > link
# you can make a printscreen of your hi-score screen by following this guide > link
# general rules for submitting you hi-score > link
# the above settings are the default Twin Galaxies settings > link

Good luck and have fun!

GC

Here's my hi-score submission for Donkey Kong:

> Hi-score: 55.700 points

> Settings used of post #1

> Mame 0.147 compiled used

> Screenshot of my hi-score:

post-10451-0-04984800-1366910415_thumb.j

I hope a lot of you will try to beat my hi-score. I'll definitely try to get better :)

Cya,

GC (Dennis)

[initials used when playing games = DEN ]

• Like 1

Welcome to our Hi-Score Competion. Glad you've joined :)

Nice Donkey Kong score! Gives me something to aim at :) It's also one of my favorite games!

Question: looking at your screenshot you have a very nice bezel: left / rigt / top and bottom! Please tell me how you did this ;) What GameEx / Mame settings do I have to use and where did you get this bezel?

GC

(I've edited the High Score Table in post #1)

On my older arcade games, which are the ones I play the most, I do add the full bezel. It does shrink the play area, and sometimes hides portions of the screen (e.g. asteroids), but I still prefer it. I have downloaded all of my bezels from Mr.Do's Arcade - http://mrdo.mameworld.info/mame_artwork_ingame.php?p=4#here. I have Mame setup to use the bezels. I'll have to look up how I have done it, and edit this post. It's been too long since I set it up, and I'm not at my arcade machine now.

EDIT: It looks like I've configured it with MAMEUI32. In the games properties popup, in the Miscellaneous tab, I have the Artwork set to have backdrops, bezels, & overlays on. This along with having the dkong.zip artwork file from Mr.Do's Arcade in the MAMEUI32/artwork folder.

Here's my new Donkey Kong hi-score submisson: :)

> Hi-score: 79.200 points
> Settings used of post #1
> Mame 0.147 compiled used
> Screenshot of my hi-score:

post-10451-0-63708900-1367784584_thumb.j

Thank you Ehuonder > I'll definitely look into Mr Do's Arcade bezels !

Happy hi-scoring!

GC (Dennis)

> Updated OP with new link and new high score

Hi Rtkiii.

Still open for submitting. You don't have to submit a no.1 hi-score ! Every hi-score is welcome!

Han and me are discussing about a leaderboard and scoring-system. So there is a pretty good chance you will be awarded points when you have a top 5 hi-score position on a game :) Donkey Kong included!

When I started out playing Donkey Kong I really sucked at it but it's all about trial & error :)

Happy hi-scoring!

GC

It's all about practice! Something I need for Galaga ;)

Keep up the good work Rtkiii :) Thank you for being so enthusiastic about our Hi-score Competition ! It really motivates me creating an even better competition ! Thanks.

GC

I honestly...hate...this GAME! I finally started getting to Level 2-1 pretty easily and managed to get my HI to 14,300. I THOUGHT I had the Level1-1(YEAH 1-1) figured out...you know a pattern then BOOM!!!! I don't and now I cannot even get 700 points....i hate this game :)

It is well known as one of the most difficult games to master. :wacko:

But I like it very much because it's a real challenge. You really have to push your skills to the limit :)

Just keep practicing and you will get better and better ! It worked for me -_-

I noticed you haven't submitted your new hi-score of 14,300 ? Please add a screenshot and I'll update the OP and the links :)

GC

BLAH!!!!! I think something should be challenging but it just changes too much for me. Sometimes I get on a role and get a couple of 12k-14k games...but then I cannot break 1000....I almost beat level 2-1...so the damn keeps me wanting to beat it...but people who keep going have to be insane : :) And what is even more insane is I talk about 14k being good....look to OP...70K+...WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA LOL

Made it to 2-2!!!!! Man I am lame! I took two steps and died...fun! SOB!!!! GAME!!!!!!!!!!! New HS though 18,800...LOL...but still last LOL - alot of LOL you say????!??!?!?!? It's because I've gone MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-11179-0-56982600-1368210426_thumb.j

Man I don't know how you guys do it. I been playing and playing off and on and I finally get above the 4k minimum score to make it onto the game's table. Then I played more and actually got to 1st place on the game and it took out my last score. Anyway. After probably an hour's worth of playing total, the best I could come up with is around 8k. I don't know how you guys are in the +15k range. I suck. :)

post-569-0-00877500-1368457530_thumb.png

Used specified required settings. Reached level 2.

Score: 8100

Initials: HAN