All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Well, I'm not sure what the 2nd stage is in the arcade version because I've never made it that far lol.  I'm referring to whatever comes next after getting to the top of the screen on the barrels screen and (not exactly) rescuing the princess.

• 1 month later...

My Saturday morning game of Donkey Kong:

143,600!

....which is far shy of my highest.  That is one of the many things that make this get so special.  

One game you could be meandering in Brian Kuh territory, which would be 400 to 500,ooo.  Your next game, you will be under 100k!  Unless you are a pro(Wes Copeland, Billy M, Steve W, etc.) score consistency will never be there!!

Looking forward to July Gotm.

MO

1498918008463-1112339497.jpg

I was gonna add this to the high score board.  Then I thought I'd bash you a bit for the screenshot..  Then I realized the score you already have posted is 300k, so this was just for fun.  Still, that's a hell of a good score.  I hate that I suck at arcade games so much.  It's still fun to participate though!  July GOTM coming soon!

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 13/02/2018 at 1:50 PM, hansolo77 said:

Donkey Kong is so unforgiving.  There's supposed to a pattern you can watch for and makes getting scores easy.....

I completely disagree.

Actually, the lack of patterns is one of the great things about Donkey Kong.  The unpredictability of the foes really keeps you on your feet.  The programmer of Donkey Kong went above and beyond other "pattern based" games.  Almost all elements happen randomly.  

The only way you surpass Brian Kuh territory is to practice and play.   A lot.  Because there is no set patterns in this brilliant masterpiece.  Sharpen up your timing and reaction time and you might have a chance at a really high score.

MO

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It doesn't move me on the boards, but I feel I have to mention it.

I started my day with a 200k run.

L = 07

I was expecting more, but I am used to failure when it comes to this gritty classic...

15517067353411848366840416889500.jpg

15517068219584728192654157838617.jpg

• Like 1

• 11 months later...