All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

installed latest version, doesnt come up

gow75

I have windows 7 64bit and i installed MAME screensaver download from site, setup the ROm folder etc and when i go to hit preview the screensaver does not come up it just flickers the screen nothing. I have the latest Nvidia drivers installed for my gprahics card. this worked before i reformated my drive and reinstalled windows 7. all windows updates and patches are installed. :mellow:

i have an mame.exe it just runs stand alone without install i believe. guess that would make sense to install the actual app. can you point me on which Mame app to install for 64bit windows system.

The official MAME binary builds can be found here and the GUI builds here. Please keep in mind that you will want to download a build that matches the build of your ROMs or you can run into compatibility issues due to subsequent changes in the builds. You may want to use a utility such as ClrMAMEPro or ROMLister to upgrade your ROMs if you choose to use the newest MAME builds.

ok so i currently use the 32bit so i guess i will need the MameUI64 one. I got that and put my Roms form the 32bit into the 64bit ROms folder. I did a audit of the games in 64bit mame and found a lot errors with some of the games. does that mean i have to run Romlister to find a version of the ROm that will work with the 64bit? Thanks any help is appreciated?

Ok i got it to work But it just shows the video settings for a game i have to hit the enter and it closes. does this mean that all the ROMS i have for the 32bit dont work for the 64 one? is there a pack of ROMS that can be downloaded to work with this one so i dont have to do DL one by one.

The 64-bit builds are just optimized for running in the 64-bit OS, that's all. The ROMS are OS neutral so the bit version does not matter. You will need to use one of the ROM management programs to bring your existing ROMs up to the version of MAME you are running.

Unfortunately, it is against forum rules for me to tell you where or how to acquire ROM sets that are compatible with your MAME build so for that, you are on your own if you choose not to utilize the ROM management apps.

ok so i got it to work but some dont work and some do. how do i fix this. I get a lot of error codes on some games. how do i audit them to get there build up to par. please help i dont want to call it a day but im almost there. i ran the ROM lister

and it doesnt work it crashes says program not responding.

You will need to make sure that you have all the updates for Microsoft .net installed. There is obviously something not right with your Win 7 install if you are having crashes as others use the applications suggested with the same OS without a problem.

Unfortunately, you will need to educate yourself a little more on some of these. I would reach out to the author of whatever application is crashing as they are responsible for troubleshooting their applications. They may have a forum with some solutions.