All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Allo Allo!

Gotta quick question...well two of them.

1. Is it possible to boot GameEx directly into a page other than the start page? (Like maybe an emulator page perhaps? :) )

2. General question...actually was a bit of a brain fart: If a joystick can be configured to emulate a mouse, and a 360 degree steering wheel works basically off a spinner (which is somewhat mouse related in the eyes of windows), would it be possible to take a steering wheel like a logitech G25/27, and make it emulate a spinner device? Lol, I know this probably sounds like a noob question, but it's one that kinda makes sense in a way...need some enlightenment on this subject lol.

Thanks!

LC

2. Well there are spinners that have steering wheel attachments so I don't see why you couldn't do so the other way unless the wheel had a limiter that stopped the spin part way. Not sure how you would set that up, though.

1. Even using Custom Menus, I believe you have to have a start page (someone correct me if I am wrong). You would probably have to use the Lite version (again, corrections as needed).

1. Is it possible to boot GameEx directly into a page other than the start page? (Like maybe an emulator page perhaps? :) )

1. Even using Custom Menus, I believe you have to have a start page (someone correct me if I am wrong).

I also believe, and i've dabbled with Custom Menu's quite a bit, that what you're asking for at this present time cannot be done. You'll always need a top level Menu, unless you select "Gamelauncher" from Interface Mode - which will just give you one massive list with no control over it. Damon asked a very similar question recently and nullPointer's response is probably the best that can be offered at the moment.

As for #2 question i back Draco's reasoning ^_^ The only problem i can see that you may have is spinning that wheel as fast as you can a genuine spinner! (you may wanna keep your digits clear while attempting such a feat! :D )

Thanks for all the responses!

1. I can definitely see now how it's a good thing to have a start page for multi-emulation support. (Thanks for the link! :) ) I started to dab a little with building the driving cab, and set GameEx up to where the start page only has "Most Played"; the different types of emulators (with game submenu); and the Exit Menu - all scrollable horizontally via spinner. I also have, after selecting an emulator, all the games video snaps listed horizontally and launches directly when a game is selected (turned out better than expected lol) ...I noticed something though about having to select from video snaps - that the audio of the snap doesn't play when a game is highlighted. Is there a way I can fix this, or is it something that isn't available in GameEx yet? (I've already double checked through my config settings last night, but had no luck so far - I'm away from my computer right now, but as soon as I get home, I can upload my .ini file if ya wanna take a look - I might need a fresh set of eyes lol)

2. I've read from a user at arcadecontrols.com where he made a script to play 270 games using a 360 wheel via ahk script. (I think his username was "bbounki" or something like that - I apologize if I got it wrong). I think this is really awesome, but misses a much needed feature, especially when wanting to play model2 games with force feedback, and then playing pole position - all using one wheel. Lol I agree that I may get carried away and try to spin the wheel beyond its means, but what I'm thinking is that - since the logitech g27, from what I hear is "adjustable" for the amount of spin: if I set it up to a full 900 degree rotation, and turn off any type of feedback from the wheel (to give it a looser feeling) just for 360 games like pole position, than it might (hopefully will) feel and respond better when using it alongside a script that makes the wheel turns emulate a mouse, or left and right buttons. Just a brain fart for now though lol...I'm planning on getting a G27 later this month to test this out - but for now, what are your thoughts on this? :)

Thanks again!

LC

...I noticed something though about having to select from video snaps - that the audio of the snap doesn't play when a game is highlighted. Is there a way I can fix this?

Try enabling audio in preview videos:

Go to Audio Settings in the Setup Wizard, change "Enable audio in snap/preview videos" to Yes.

OR change this line in your GameEx.ini:

AVIAudio=False

to

AVIAudio=True

then File> Save. :)

Hello and thanks for the response!...I apologize for the delay - yesterday was a bit...hectic lol.

I already had the settings in the setup wizard set to play the audio in video snaps - it will play the audio to the snaps in all the other views of menus beside the view where it shows large video snaps thats scrollable....lol, I'm not sure how else to explain it, so I uploaded a small video of it to better explain...

I also attached the ini file.

Thanks again!! :)

LC

GameEx.ini

I don't think there is anything your .ini file will tell us at this point. I have tested with the same results on both the small and large "ribbon" views. Will need to have Tom chime in on this as to whether there was a missed snippet of code to enable sound in this view or if this is a WAD - working as designed. If a WAD, then you have a feature/enhancement request! :)