All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Is it worth jumping ship from J2K To XPadder ?

KRC

I have always used Joytokey and I'm thinking of changing to XPadder due to my X-Arcade stick arriving, I have been reading up on XPadder alot today and it does seem to have more features than J2K.

I know that some of you user's use XPadder and would like a little feedback on your personal experience with XPadder.

I personally have used all 3 and actually prefer Pinnacle Game Profiler which is way way step above Xpadder (Which I own) in my opinion ... not that Xpadder is bad the interface on Pinnacle is top notch and is packed with features and works amazingly. You don't need any plugin for it as it runs when windows starts and works with every controller out there. Constantly being updated and support is second to none. Sorry Xpadder likers it's just is that much better but too each his own.

There is a trial on the website so give it a try and see for yourself. :D Lemme know what you think

ANd you have Adultery's Xpadder Plugin to handle to handle some of the heavy lifting as well (not to mention not having to run start before and exit after batch files).

I've said it before and i'll say it again (and again and again...) +1 to Xpadder! While i wouldn't disagree with Krakerman, Pinnacle is a great mapper and it does have a pretty GUI - but that is all it has over Xpadder - eye candy, sorry Krak :P . Xpadder can do pretty much anything you want it to and once you have your initial profile setup it takes literally seconds to map all your buttons.

Another thing to consider is pricing:

Xpadder - £4.99

PGP -£16.40 (roughly, it's actually $25 on their site with no option to show GBP)

PGP does have a trial though as Krakerman said and Xpadder does not, but at £4.99 you can't go wrong trust me on this.

I believe in supporting the little guy too which is another reason to go Xpadder if you feel the same :)

Of course this is all just personal opinions and preferences and in the end it's entirely up to. One more: +1 to Xpadder! :P

-EDIT- and of course! as Draco said - Adultery's plugin makes Xpadder setup within GE child's play! :D

Hahaha Try the trial version and see for yourself. Look at the list of features for both and judge for yourself. PGP does not require any batch files what-so-ever it will automatically detect your games when you setup a profile for that game. It works and works very very well.

I bought Xpadder before PGP and just never liked it. So I looked for an alternative and found PGP and never looked back money well spent! Yes you can install it on multiple computers as well if your wondering. Look at the list of features of both and see and choose what you think will work for you. This debate could go on and on.

Do a search on YouTube and see both in action! You will always have those that like Xpadder and the other half that like PGP (except over here hahaha) :P .

Yeah I'm firmly in the Xpadder camp as well. I've looked at PGP and it does certainly look nice, but I figure I've already paid for Xpadder, I know the ins and outs of Xpadder configuration, and it does everything I could possibly want.

As previously noted Adultery's Xpadder plugin makes Xpadder integration with GameEx a breeze.

• Like 1

I too have tried and tested all 3 since being into emulation for awhile now. While XPadder is great and works well in emulation, I too use Pinnacle Game Profiler as well. It's just a matter of preference.

Thanks for the info guys, I think I'm gonna go with XPadder, I can do the basics with XPadder but may need a little input with more advanced things. The main thing I need to do is setup the mouse and make sure that the buttons are the same as the original configuration in J2K, so I don't need to change any emulator settings.

Also I need to make the setup exactly the same for my Wireless 360 controller and my X-Arcade stick, so I can use either and nothing needs to be changed when using one or the other.

• 2 weeks later...

So how did Xpadder work out for you KRC? :)

It went pretty well, I finally managed with XPadder to get #2 Xbox 360 pad to work correctly.

In terms of requirements for me specifically there were no drastic changes when switching to XPadder. But XPadder has more options than J2K which may be useful when I set up more options/profiles.