All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Windows and multiple USB Device ID's

thurmansevolution

Hello, I thought I would share this with y'all:

I was having a bit of a problem before when it came to windows changing my USB device IDs after reboot. Plugged into my cab, I have a regular mouse, a trackball (Ultimarc's Utrak), and two lightguns from ArcadeGuns.Com (which uses AimTrak technology). After rebooting, I would have to reconfigure all of the trackball and lightgun games, as their device IDs would change via Windows.

After many hours searching for a fix to this problem, and much trial and error, I think I came up with a good solution to this problem - it's a small fix, and so far, I had no troubles since then.

- Oh, and if you have more than two lightguns, a trackball, and a mouse hooked up; or if you constantly plug and unplug different types of devices that windows looks at as mice, than this may not work for you. I would suggest downloading "ControllerRemap".

It's as simple as this: If you set the lightgun's Device IDs using the AimTrak software (from Ultimarc) to "Device 3" and "Device 4" right before shelling GameEx (or any type of front end), you will never have to reconfigure anytype of lightgun or trackball game in Mame - you can even plug and unplug the devices, as long as the computer is shut down when ya do, and as long as you plug the devices in the exact same USB ports, and windows will keep the same Device IDs.

I've tried this on my cab for the past couple of days (shutting down, unplugging everything, replugging everything, powering up), and so far, everything worked seamless, every single time.

This should also work if you are using a USB hub - I have my trackball hooked up to the hub, and never had to reconfigure any trackball games since.

I hope this will help some of you, who may be stumbling on this issue when building your cab! :)

LC

• Like 2