All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[APP] Hyper Bezel II

Krakerman

Sorry to chime in late here, but doesn't GameEx already have generic bezel art for games that don't have it? I know whenever I play a vertical game that doesn't have bezels, there's always one that shows up anyway with the GameEx logo on one side and MAME on the other.

Now if there was some way to make a bezel for 16x9, that would be worth doing. Since I run MAME on my TV, it's a LCD 16x9 and there is still black bars on the sides even with a horizontal game (because they're 4x3). If we could make 16x9 bezels to fill in the voids that would be something.

Of course, I could just be off my rocker and completely ignorant to what this thread and idea is all about...

I don't remember working on that. :(

If you guys have any issues, I will make sure and get it working for you.

no wonder.... ;) i asked you first time in september 2012. a time where you are moving from one place to another. you was under stress at that time and promised to look at it, when you have more time. suprisingly after two months you really come up with a new Randomizer tool and attached this .zip for me for trying. i did not have time because of much work. i feel a little bad, because you put that effort in and i didnt honor this.... pretty shameful :(.

first i thought i lost your .zip-file, but yesterday i remembered our PN conversation and voilá there was the zip again. unfortunately, i am loaded with work again and still cannot test it :(. dont want to start code-wars here :) but i still think that this will be a nice feature for GamEx.

IMHO i dont think it is to hard to be done (maybe allready done by Tempest) :D.

No Problem. As I said if anybody wants to test it I have time to make it work if need be.

Honestly anything that gets incorporated into GameEx or the plugin system is better for the end user, and that is what counts!

• Like 1

Sorry to chime in late here, but doesn't GameEx already have generic bezel art for games that don't have it? I know whenever I play a vertical game that doesn't have bezels, there's always one that shows up anyway with the GameEx logo on one side and MAME on the other.

Now if there was some way to make a bezel for 16x9, that would be worth doing. Since I run MAME on my TV, it's a LCD 16x9 and there is still black bars on the sides even with a horizontal game (because they're 4x3). If we could make 16x9 bezels to fill in the voids that would be something.

Of course, I could just be off my rocker and completely ignorant to what this thread and idea is all about...

Yes, GameEx supports "a vertical bezel" already.

Hyper Bezel II supports "Multiple, random, vertical and horizontal" bezels. Including Widescreen 16x9, 16x10 and 4x3 aspects....more aspects if you provide the correct .lay file and bezels.

Now on EmuMovies FTP...hope all the files made the move...let me know.

[edit]

The user RoadRunner in the HS forums has rom specific widescreen bezels 16x9 and 16x10 on HS FTP.

Hyper Bezel II wont touch those as well as Mr Do bezels.

(nothing that is "romname.zip" in the artwork folder for that matter)

If you would like to use them you might send him a kind pm.

It wouldnt be right for me to copy them to EmuMovies FTP but maybe they're already there.

No Problem. As I said if anybody wants to test it I have time to make it work if need be.

Honestly anything that gets incorporated into GameEx or the plugin system is better for the end user, and that is what counts!

I don't have as much time as of late to setup my stuff for testing but I would be glad to test out any changes you make to it. I like the diversity of options available to our community!

• 5 months later...

Not sure of best form as this is an old post. However - very relevant to what I;m doing at the moment.

Got this setup and working sweetly! Well... almost...

I'm calling the HyperBezel.exe via "Run on Launch" with command:

"C:\Artwork_editors\Hyper Bezel II\Hyper Bezel II.exe" "mame" "[ROM]"

This works great! However, there's also a facility to clear the generated bezel once exiting MAME by just putting a "kill" argument at the end. So by deduction, in "Run on Exit" I put:

"C:\Artwork_editors\Hyper Bezel II\Hyper Bezel II.exe" "mame" "[ROM]" "kill"

However, it would appear as though you can't use the [ROM] parameter at the exit stage. My suspicions confirmed in the runitgame.bat:

@ECHO OFF
chcp 65001
"C:\Artwork_editors\Hyper Bezel II\Hyper Bezel II.exe" "mame" "zaxxon"
C:
CD "C:\Emulators\Mame0149b"
mame64.exe zaxxon -rompath "C:\Emulators\Mame0149b\roms" -joy -skip_gameinfo -nowindow -video d3d -noswitchres -triplebuffer
"C:\Artwork_editors\Hyper Bezel II\Hyper Bezel II.exe" "mame" "[ROM]" "kill"

I'm guessing the [ROM] variable gets cleared between MAME finishing and the next command being executed (i.e. "Run on Exit").

Hmmm.... getting in over me nose I reacon... dipping toes into coding and batch files >,<

Could anyone offer any advice? Promise I'll shup then about Bleedin Bezels

:)

My QuickLaunch plugin, which imho is an improvement on these options in GameEx, has no problem passing that variable "[ROM]" or "[RomName]" in that particular case, or any other variable for that matter, on any instance, before after or with launch. You should check it out... it will do exactly what you're after without batch files or scripts.

http://www.gameex.info/forums/files/file/39-quicklaunch/

Cheers chap! :)

Hmmmm, as ever, probably missing something really obvious! Can't get quicklaunch working

Below screenie of settings etc. txt at bottom was what I used to get when ran from "run on launch" in setup.

Other text = runitbat with quicklaunch

Any ideas?

post-14176-0-44972100-1377345990_thumb.p

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

This is no longer available or supported I think even thou it still works with GameEx however you can use HyperLaunch as it supports all kinds of custom bezels for all kinds of systems and not just mame and daphne. I think the locations on emumovies where the files were are gone now.

Ah, ok... I read on the page for HL and it seems that they are implementing support for gameex but as of now you can run HL withou errors and a limited functinallity

as best. But something to look forward to! Or maybe Evolution will have some kind of bezel function/HL integration... :D Good times ahead

there is no limitations with HL and GameEx even thou they don't have the plugin complete it still runs perfectly if you use HyperSpin as the default frontend and plugin. You can also use the HLHQ plugin but using this method you will lose some of the graphics on the fadein loading screens.

Once they have the plugin in complete then it will no longer use the HyperSpin databases.