All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[THEME] (XBMC) Aeon Inspiriat - Now Released!

Crylen

Hi Crylen,

I'd like to say thank you for your great theme. I've picked it as the base for my setup and I think the best that I've found. I've changed the font to be Joystix as I think it works well. I've moved the pop up description over the video snap image and I think it works really well, but I'd like to remove the white outline boarder, does anyone know if it's possible to do this? I will upload my config so you can see what I've done with your theme if you are interested.

I have a request or two I hope you can help me with. Having grown up using a PAL SNES I was wondering if you could create a layout that's the same but uses a PAL SNES for the console image? I know you have the Nintendo Super Famicom but a Eurpoean one would be great

The last thing I have been trying to change I know it's already been touched on in this thread but is it possible to remove the small gap between menu items? Maybe this is more a feature request for Tom?

Once again thanks for a fantastic theme you've done a great job.

You can open the theme up via Theme Editor, go to Edit>Options and then to the Fonts tab. There you can uncheck Outline Fonts, then click OK and Save to save the changes.

Hi Draco, I was talking about the white line around the description text area not the font, will that achive that?

Hi Crylen,

I'd like to say thank you for your great theme. I've picked it as the base for my setup and I think the best that I've found. I've changed the font to be Joystix as I think it works well. I've moved the pop up description over the video snap image and I think it works really well, but I'd like to remove the white outline boarder, does anyone know if it's possible to do this? I will upload my config so you can see what I've done with your theme if you are interested.

Thanks for the kind words! I'll try to address everything you listed =)

I don't think you can remove the white border. My original concept for the theme made use of the pop-up description box too but I ran into the same snag. I'll have go to back sometime and see if Draco's solution removes the outline.

I'd love to see your theme config file. I'm always looking for ways to improve my work!

I have a request or two I hope you can help me with. Having grown up using a PAL SNES I was wondering if you could create a layout that's the same but uses a PAL SNES for the console image? I know you have the Nintendo Super Famicom but a Eurpoean one would be great

Sure thing, give me a few days and I'll whip something up.

It would also be really good to have a Sega Mega Drive rather than Genesis as that it was release in Europe under that name. I've also noticed that on the Sega Genesis theme logo is has a there is a little white. Could this one be used maybe? http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17wlw6bdote3mjpg/ku-xlarge.jpg

There's a Mega Drive theme in there listed as 'Theme_Background_Sega Mega Drive'. I wouldn't mind using a non-metallic logo if I could find a clean version of it. The closest thing I found was this http://segaretro.org/images/6/69/File-Mega_Drive_Japanese_Logo.svg. Would that work?

As for the white on the Genesis logo, are you talking about the border? I think that was present in the original marketing materials (see http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/kotaku/2009/07/genesis_poster.jpg). Maybe my eyes are so bad I can't see what you're talking about =P. Feel free to point it out and I'll be glad to fix it!

The last thing I have been trying to change I know it's already been touched on in this thread but is it possible to remove the small gap between menu items? Maybe this is more a feature request for Tom?

Nope. I messed around with seperators for a loooong time to come up with something half decent and I'm still not completely satisfied with the outcome. Previously I had toyed around with disguising the gap (see post #25 & #33), but that just caused issues in other areas. Ultimately I gave up and just went with the default size.

I know a new theme editor is somewhere in the pipeline, so hopefully it'll allow for a bit more customization.

Again thanks for the response, glad you like the theme =) I'll try to get out a PAL SNES theme for ya as soon as I can.

• 3 weeks later...

Crylen knows this is by far my favorite theme for my arcade cab. To give my cab a little more of that "retro feel", I've altered some of the backgrounds of this theme, adding iconic charachters for such systems as NES, SNES, etc. Nothing major, and I left the original background images intact. Still have more to do but figured I'd post these for anyone wanting to use them. I'll get to work on doing the rest of the Console Systems and may do a whole new set of baks at some point if Crylen would be ok with me using the theme as a base.

EDIT: See updated post below

• Like 1

Nice stuff Riffman. I love the idea of adding character art to the themes!

Feel free to use whatever you need to make a new theme. I posted the PSD a few pages back, it should have everything you need. If you want the PSDs for the other files, send me a PM and I'll get them to you. Don't forget to share whatever you come up with, I'm curious to see the results =)

Almost done with the requested SNES PAL theme. I PMed mooboom to see if its what hes looking for since I'm not really familiar with the graphical differences between SNES NTSC and PAL. Should be up sometime soon.

Nice stuff Riffman. I love the idea of adding character art to the themes!

Feel free to use whatever you need to make a new theme. I posted the PSD a few pages back, it should have everything you need. If you want the PSDs for the other files, send me a PM and I'll get them to you. Don't forget to share whatever you come up with, I'm curious to see the results =)

Almost done with the requested SNES PAL theme. I PMed mooboom to see if its what hes looking for since I'm not really familiar with the graphical differences between SNES NTSC and PAL. Should be up sometime soon.

Thanks! This was basically me just freshing things up for my cab a bit.. final touches so to speak. I plan on doing my own theme when "real life" stuff slows down enough for me to have the time to do it. I'll grab those PSDs and see what else I come up with. Thanks again.

EDIT: So, I grabed the PSD file and made a few changes. I'm pretty happy with the results. I plan on doing a whole set of alternate baks for this theme and I'll post them all when done for anyone that wants them. Below are some samples, so you can see kind of what I'm shooting for overall.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

So a while back I said I was going to work on a complete, alternate background set for this theme. The alternate background set is now complete and some sample images are below. I'm just not sure how to go about uploading the archive if anyone wishes to use this set with Crylen's theme.. It's 100MB in size. :)

post-13172-0-91776300-1386725173_thumb.p

post-13172-0-39240800-1386725203_thumb.p

post-13172-0-31374600-1386725225_thumb.p

post-13172-0-61785900-1386725250_thumb.p

post-13172-0-72234700-1386725274_thumb.p

post-13172-0-42260300-1386725301_thumb.p

post-13172-0-57262000-1386725326_thumb.p

post-13172-0-89777000-1386725353_thumb.p

• Like 1

Very cool Riffman! If anyone wants the PSD to make their own modifications feel free to ask (or maybe I posted it earlier in the thread, I dont remember - haha)

Added a video preview to the first post, many thanks to Celly for putting it together!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This probably isn't the right place to post a concept for a new theme (or reworking of this theme) but I guess I'm allowed to ruin my own thread =p. Over the past couple months I've shifted away from XBMC, which this theme is based on, and moved to Plex. I've been thinking about some ways to re-integrate it back into my HTPC.

Here's a concept I came up with.. Any thoughts? I still haven't decided where to put the sorter bar (by name, by category, etc). I think I'll also omit the clock this time around. I'll have to toy around with the video border some more too, not really happy with it.

concept22sxrx.png

concept19kbid.png

The concept is made in Photoshop so ignore the weird naming, but it's doable in GameEx. Also with GameEx Evolution underway (whatever it is), maybe it's better to just wait and make the theme when it gets announced? I dunno. Anyway, any thoughts are appreciated!

Well much like this theme, it'll contain unique backgrounds and logos for every system. I'll be able to reuse most of the artwork from this theme, leaving me with just recreating the general layout and shifting some stuff around. The mockup uses the same N64 and Sega CD backgrounds just to see it works with different color pallets.

Still trying to figure out a good place for the options bar. I think I'm also going to end up using a glass overlay on the videos again since it hides flaws and creates an easy border. I'm sure I'll come up with something eventually, haha.

• Like 1

I think I've decided to hold off on a new theme until whatever GameEx Evolution is gets announced.. I have a bunch of interesting ideas but they're all limited by the current skinning engine. I have no idea what GameEx Evolution is, but maybe it'll open up the skinning engine some more - haha.

So yeah, rather then retread old ground I think I'll just wait and see what the future holds. In the meanwhile, I may release a new color version of this skin just because I'm getting a little sick of the blue color. I was thinking maybe something a little more neutral like black, grey or white?