All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[THEME] (XBMC) Aeon Inspiriat - Now Released!

Crylen

You can upload your theme here. Just follow the instructions and be sure to check your email as instructed.

I will, I just want to mess around with it for another week or two to make sure everything is working properly. The mediafire and dropbox links are just a temporary thing.

Thanks guys!

Created an extra pack containing background and logos for Sega Mega CD and Sega Saturn (Japanese Version).

Here's previews of the background, keep in mind the borders for the selector and video are missing.

theme_background_sega4czcw.png

theme_background_segawjb8h.png

Download Link:

Pack 1.zip

Just extract the file in your Aeon Inspirat folder. You'll have to assign custom logos and backgrounds under advanced emulator options.

As time goes on I'll continue to release update packs for anything I find missing. Feel free to post requests too.

Turns out my attempt to hide the title-screen artwork created something that looked like a dead pixel in the middle of the video/snap. Thankfully, you probably don't have a dead pixel on your screen. Instead its the title-screen artwork compressed down to 1x1 pixel, being overlayed on top of the video. I fixed it by moving the same artwork below the dock area.

If anyone wants the fix, see the attachment for an updated theme file. Just replace the attached Theme.cfg with the old one in your Themes/Aeon Inspirat directory

Theme.ini

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is one of my favorite themes for Game Ex. You did a really nice job!! By chance will you be doing theme backgrounds for the Capcom CPS arcade systems in the near furure? Or am I just over looking them...

This is one of my favorite themes for Game Ex. You did a really nice job!! By chance will you be doing theme backgrounds for the Capcom CPS arcade systems in the near furure? Or am I just over looking them...

Thanks!

I'm guessing you mean for the arcade subsection? Coming up with a general Capcom CPS background isn't an issue. However. I remember running into some weird issue with that. I'll take another look at it over the next few days and see if I can figure it out this time.

Thanks!

I'm guessing you mean for the arcade subsection? Coming up with a general Capcom CPS background isn't an issue. However. I remember running into some weird issue with that. I'll take another look at it over the next few days and see if I can figure it out this time.

I believe I have my CPS Emulators setup with all my other emus, and MAME seperate from those. If you could make backgrounds for the CPS emulators that would be great, if not I'll stick with the generic emubak I've been using. Just noticed I saw backgrounds for everything almost except the CPS emulators. No big deal just wanted to ask as I'm using this theme on my second arcade cab. Hope this made sense... I'm still new to Game Ex.

Sure, I can do that. Are you looking for an all encompassing CPS background, or separate ones for CPS1, CPS2 and CPS3?

I looked back into the original naming issue I had. Turns out you can't have custom backgrounds for the arcade subsections. However, you're using separate emulator setups so it shouldn't be an issue.

*EDIT* Probably not relevant but worth mentioning anyway. I have preset backgrounds for WinKawaks and Final Burn Alpha in the set. I know those two support a lot more than just CPS, but either can act as a temporary background until I get the CPS ones made up. =)

• Like 1

Either way would be fine with me. I wouldn't mind just a all-in-one CPS background, or you can do the three seperate ones. Whatever you think would be best.

I plan on doing my own theme when I get some down time and figure out how to use the GameEx theme editor... I haven't really messed around with it at all so I'm not sure where to begin, but I'm great with photoshop and have made countless SNES covers over at the coverproject for many years. I've made themes for Maximus Arcade as well back when I was using that. Any pointers on where to start? Is there a certain default GameEx theme to use as a base?

When I started this I took a look at a bunch of themes in the editor to figure out how everything worked. It's surprisingly easy to work with. I think started with the 'Pure GameEx' files/assets, but by the final release it was completely stripped out.

Like KRC said, Default-Default is good because it's completely bare bones and everything is named properly. If you want to get fancier with foregrounds/custom backgrounds take a look at Hexed, Pure GameEx, Mustarda and Blue Neon (and Aeon Inspirat of course =p). I'm sure there's a few others out there, but those four are the ones I used.

I'll whip up some CPS related backgrounds in the next day or two and post 'em up here. Been a busy week so I'll try to get to it as soon as I can. =)

Here's what I came up with, hopefully it's what you're looking for. I was going to try and use all original logos but it turns out CPS1 and 2 never had logos. Rather than using the CPS-3 logo and 2 generic ones, I decided to just make them all uniform.

theme_background_capcu7r6s.png

To install just download the attachment and extract the two PNG files into your Aeon Inspirat/Media folder. Set your custom background to 'Theme_Background_Capcom CPS' and it should work. Unfortunately as far as I can tell there's no way to make this work for the Arcade/Capcom submenu.

Capcom CPS.zip

• Like 2