All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Sega Model 2 Emulator running dual AimTrak lightguns

thurmansevolution

Oh, and also, if ya open up this video via YouTube website, he has a link posted where you can download the Troubleshooter 2 sofware and instructions...

Now time to play House of the Dead 2 in the mode in which it was made for - Arcade style!! :)

I bought one of these a while back and I haven't gotten it to work right. It's sitting on the shelf right now.

I'm not sure why but I couldn't get it to register properly. What OS are you running and did they calibrate ok? Where's the sensor bar?

The guns that I got is the same as the one's that Darth Marino uses in the video :) - its the guns from arcadeguns.com. They use the AimTrak technology from Ultimarc and have cherry switches on the trigger and two extra buttons. But with all Aimtrak guns though, it should be pretty easy to setup: its just plug and play; the computer should recognize it as a mouse (or as a joystick depending on how ya set it up in the Aimtrak utility software). Calibrating should be just as easy...depending on how the guns are set up in the utility software, you can hold down a button for five or so seconds, then basically aim the gun and "shoot" the three locations where the mouse goes.

Where to mount the sensor bar depends on if you ordered it cased or uncased. If you ordered it cased, it should be mounted on the top center of the monitor. If uncased, it can be centerly mounted on the casing of the monitor right above the screen, or on top of the monitor - either position, remember to bend the LED bulbs towards you :).

All in all, the gun should be pretty easy to setup....just as long as ya make sure that both the gun and sensor are plugged in and the sensor bar is properly mounted. What I would do, is if you are having any problems with setting it up with one computer, I would first try setting it up on another computer....and if it still doesn't work, ya might be able to get it exchanged, depending on where ya got it from (if ya got the AimTraks, Andy from Ultimarc is really awesome and will help ya out as much as he can)

Hope this helps! :)

LC

I just realized that I must have sounded like I was trying to sell ya a product lol...

Anyway, what kinda problems do ya have when ya say that it wasn't registering properly? Are ya able to move the mouse cursor at all with the guns, or is it just "off"?