All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Idea for a multisnap shot screen

starbuck

Morning

Had an idea and have worked on it to the point where I don't know quite how to complete it. My thought was to produce a template in Gimp that I could add the name of a game, boxart, title screen, mutiple ingame shots, release date etc all in one snap that could be named the same as the rom and be used in any theme in the snapbox box.

I can add the screenshots, boxart, etc to the templete as a layer and all is right with world. Where I'm having the problem is being able to add the text. Please look at the attached and see if you can guild me in the right direction. Maybe I'm trying to go about this all wrong or trying to do it in the wrong program. Have had a heck of time creating the template and it still is not exactly right. I have attached the templete and a templete with the boxart layered onto the templete.

If I can get this to work, I'll start working on games so others can use this in their themes.

Thanks

Here's a screen grap of my multisnap idea in action using Draco's great theme. Snap should work in any theme. Have figured out how to add the test. Would like to get some input on how to remove the white around the snap. Also any feedback as to if this is worth working on or any ideas on how to improve on it. The previous post has the gimp file so others might try their hand on making some of these. Using Emumovie's great collections of snaps, it's fairly easy to take the templete and add the snaps.

I like the idea, the ability to have more art on screen is always a welcome idea. Until Tom and the guys come out with a new theme version that adds the ability for more than 2 artworks, I think it's the only way so far to have all that on screen. The only downside to having it like that though is that you can't have any of the emumovies videos...

Marquee Magician has the ability to create composite images. You can set up the layout the way you want it to look, and then it will combine multiple images of the same name from separate folders into one image. As an example, it would allow you to combine box front, and box back into one image.

• Like 2

GameEx will allow 2 boxes plus the list. The top box could contain the multisnap and the second box the emumovies videos. If Tempest would create thru his program a templete that others could add emumovies snaps to his templete, the process of making multisnaps would process fast. When Tom adds the ability to have more then 2 snap folders, the templete could still be used.My multisnap above could be made even bigger then what I have to fill the box. This means the snap could be bigger or more of etc.

Tempest:

Can your program use the movie in the templete.