All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Artwork in GameEx

MNMax21

I seem to having some sort of issue with my artwork and the direct link to downloading from emu movies. Some of my backgrounds and videos are off for certain games. I never had an issue before, but all of sudden some of the games are off. I don't think it would be a name issue for the rom.... I'm wondering if anyone can help or has had this problem.

GameEx.ini

It's completely off. The video is for a completely different game, sometimes ones I don't even have. The one I can recall off the top of my head is for a background. When I select NBA JAM, it used to have the NBA JAM background. Now, for some reason or another it has a space invaders background. I have no idea why and I have not messed with my rom naming at all. The only thing I have ever done was use romcenter to fix roms or identify missing stuff. However, I did that way in the past and the artwork was working fine before that. I haven't really looked into the artwork folders themselves, but I'm not sure what would've changed there. I'm wondering if maybe something is off for certain roms in emu movies...

Yeah my guess would be some sort of conflict in naming. When you say you're using a direct link to download artwork from EmuMovies are you downloading it directly from the EmuMovies site / FTP server (and presumably renaming artwork where necessary)? Or are you using the Download Service Utility?

Well, originally I downloaded it all myself. I am assuming most of my files are from doing that. I always add a game here and there as I find something interesting or remember something I liked back in the day. So, in the past I was downloading everything from emumovies and I had the life long membership deal. Now, I just allow it to auto download right inside gameex by checking the box or whatever it is in gameex wizard to allow that service. I had NBA JAM way before emumovies direct downloads were even an option in gameex. The NBA JAM artwork never had an issue before, none of the games had any artwork issues. Then all of a sudden I started noticing problems, where artwork and videos weren't lined up to the correct game. Maybe I'll just delete my artwork files, download them again from emu and just turn off the auto download option in the wizard. I'm thinking that might be easiest. I'd rather not start looking into all these files and renaming files.

Nope, not yet. I was just thinking to check here and see if anyone else was having the issue. I'm also not totally sure if its something I did wrong or screwed up. I'll check with them too. I'll look into the file names first.