All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[CLOSED] My Cab

Tom Speirs

Im considering ditching my cab later in the year. Basically just throwing it out and someone taking it away when I get a new one. This forum made me think someone in the UK might want it, maybe even buy me a drink for it.

Its Jamma based and uses an X-Arcade and older JPAC and ArcadeVGA.

It has a Shuttle PC in it (AMD Athlon if I recall) which seems to work fine although the BIOS battery needs replacing.

I don't want any hassle with delivery, so it would be pick up as is without any hassles on my end.

I fired it up about summer time and other than the BIOS issue seemed to work good. It has a low res arcade monitor that works and is usable but isn't perfect. It has defender side art. There is a pic of it in the cabinets thread.

The only other issue other than the BIOS and used monitor is that the key is stuck in the coin door (I have the key to the back separate). Since it was only ever used for MAME I didn't bother fixing it. There is however a yellow Jamma credit button.

Just wondered if there would be any interest?

post-1-0-98026000-1361785279_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tom Speirs
Added picture of Cab.

If you do pitch it I want the X-Arcade stick (which of course I'd happily pay for), but don't parcel it out unless you have to (certainly not on my account). Lmk.

Heh I was thinking the same thing. I could repurpose everything from it; build my own cab, upgrade the computer, etc etc. But curbside pickup from the states is a bit hard to come by. Hope it goes to a good home rather than some junk yard.

• 2 weeks later...

Wait, this is a freebie?! With tankstick?? understandable if doesn't include the stick. You probably don't want to broadcast where you live Tom so i'll tell you where i do ^^ I'm right smack center of southern coast, all the way down - could i get to yours and back in a reasonable time? (by reasonable i mean less than 8 hrs) Also there is the matter of space - but dammit i'll make some somehow.

I'm definitely interested! :)

Not entirely free. You are encouraged to buy Tom a drink. If I lived that close, I would make the drive just to meet the man behind the curtain. :)

Awww c'mon what do guys take me for? I'll see your beer, and raise :D Then tip towards our gobs n drink =P Seriously though Tom, Essex is way closer than i anticipated - we're practically neighbours!

And Tempest - you're like a titan round here, you really wanna meet the god that much? Shame on you, us mere mortals would just be glad to get a free cab! :P I'm just yanking y'all chains I'm sorry hehehe

Tom, in all seriousness...ness i am very interested. Can we have further correspondence somehow?

Understood :) well it's a cab and if the choice is dump it, or give it a home i'll give it a home. I actually love the defender decals too - are they real? In regards to the stick you now i'd give you something for it! The only reason i've stuck to the HTPC side of things is because every cab i've come across is either way out of my price range or just so shoddy no sane man would give £5 for it. Yours however, from the pics looks ok!

And Tempest - you're like a titan round here, you really wanna meet the god that much? Shame on you, us mere mortals would just be glad to get a free cab! :P I'm just yanking y'all chains I'm sorry hehehe

It was a reference to The Wizard of Oz. Remember, when the curtain is pulled back it's just a man with a bunch of buttons and switches. ;)

I WOULD like to meet him though. We will be expecting a full report. :)

It was a reference to The Wizard of Oz. Remember, when the curtain is pulled back it's just a man with a bunch of buttons and switches. ;)

I WOULD like to meet him though. We will be expecting a full report. :)

heh i knew, but i was more shocked at the fact you guys have not met yet! Not just you n Tom but ALL of you n Tom?! Common interests, gaming, nostalgia... come to think of it - why the Frogger aint ya?!!

• 4 weeks later...

If the offer is still open and nobody else wants it i most defonately will take it and to meet the god behind gameex is more than a good reason to drive to essex

Ian.

• 1 month later...

Its up for grabs now. I need the space. First come first served in the order who expressed interest here if both on the same day. I need at least a days notice that you are coming and absolutely no hassles with moving. You should have the required equipment to move it and a big enough van or truck to take it. I am on the second floor. The cab will fit in the lift and fit through a normal size door. Again you should make sure you are well equipped. ie have a buddy help you move it and have a wheeler/lifter to move it through my building and flat.

Also remember, as is. I am not going to grab extras etc.

Let me know.

PS: You can have the X-Arcade.

Its up for grabs now. I need the space. First come first served in the order who expressed interest here if both on the same day. I need at least a days notice that you are coming and absolutely no hassles with moving. You should have the required equipment to move it and a big enough van or truck to take it. I am on the second floor. The cab will fit in the lift and fit through a normal size door. Again you should make sure you are well equipped. ie have a buddy help you move it and have a wheeler/lifter to move it through my building and flat.

Also remember, as is. I am not going to grab extras etc.

Let me know.

PS: You can have the X-Arcade.

Sweet, can you give me the size of the cab , roughly, as i have a people carrier and with the seats down shohld fit, if not i have rear straps for the boot door.

• 4 months later...

Hi tom, did you give your machine away? my local youth club could do with somthing like this :)

I think I can answer this on Tom's behalf.

Unfortunately Tom's cab was taken by a member several weeks back. You never know something else might pop up. :)