All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Starting my next arcade machine. Need suggestions for games.

Chaos.Tiki

So I am in the process of starting my second arcade machine which is named Guitar Fighter. The premise to this machine is that people will play fighting games using Guitar Hero guitars for the attacks, ducking, and jumping, and Dance Dance Revolution pads for left and right movement.

So now, I am in need of some suggestions for games. I want to know what fighting games you have played and enjoyed from the arcades, SNES all the way through Gamecube, PS2, and Dreamcast. Also some good MUGEN builds would be appreciated as well.

I will also add Guitar Hero, Rock Band, and Dance Dance Revolution games to the mix as well. I wanted to know if there were any custom made versions of these games as well.

Thank you for your suggestions in advance, and I hope to come up with stuff that I haven't thought of yet!

• Like 2

Wow! Very unique... better make sure that you have the players present a medical physical clearance and/or sign a waiver in the event of syncope, collapse, stroke, or a heart attack as a result of being out of shape and enlisting in game play!

Thank you all for the support! Frets on Fire and Stepmania are perfect for this project.

Yeah this project is pretty bizzar, but that's what we aim for at my camp for Burning Man. We've got plans for many other messed up machines that all have unique twists to the gameplay. Since I'm on the subject, One of the machines being built this year by a campmate is called Mega Sized Megaman. Basically we want to make a controller the size of a coffee table with buttons as big as a hand and a joystick thats about 2 feet tall. I know this can be done, but I'm fishing for some ideas about how to construct the buttons and joystick.

That's very close to what I'm talking about. Too bad the video is all in German. But it did show me how the buttons are wired so that will be a good start. Thanks for the share. Its still in the planning stages so we might go that route, but I think we wanted to make it more of an arcade style controller. At the very least we still need 6 buttons for the Megaman X games.

HAHA! mental! Chaos, you HAVE to post a vid of you guys playing this once it's done. How did you come up with an idea like this?! Actually don't answer that :P

This idea is making me smile :D , thinking of someone trying to pull off a Fatality/ultra combo finish using a DDR pad would be hilarious!

Yeh lol - stamp stamp stamp guitar stamp guitar guitar - side-splitting stuff for sure!

"we want to make a controller the size of a coffee table with buttons as big as a hand and a joystick thats about 2 feet tall. I know this can be done, but I'm fishing for some ideas about how to construct the buttons and joystick."

That shouldn't be a problem, you can make the controls as big as you like, its how they are connected to the cab. All joysticks/buttons in essence are just switches so as long as they contact when moved your fine. I once made a wireless guitar stomp box out of an old Logitech sidewinder joypad and used 'joy to key' and 'rejoice' to interface my midi signals, worked a treat.