All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Adultery

The emulator itself requires command lines and filters, correct? And yes, triggers if needed. I don't use the plugin as I do not have any emulators running that require it. Maybe eventually but not for now. But along the lines of what we have been discussing in the VIP subforum about expanding the list Frequency started, I think it would be useful.

• Like 1

Update to version 1.2.1 which fixes an issue with DT 10 support (thanks to massop for reporting this)!

Please download the new version if you use DT 10.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

How does one get to the Virtual Drive Loader interface? The download only comes with a DT Loader.dll and a folder with a test iso file.

I tried the config button in the setup wizard plugin page but I get an error window.

Hi there,

Are you downloading the plugin using the setup wizard or directly? If so, and the dll is in the GameEx>Plugins folder, I'll need you to post the error message you're receiving. Without knowing what the error is there's not much I can do.

Of course, the best way to ensure you have the latest version is to download it directly from the GameEx Repisitory Manager.

I had to download directly from this website as the repository manager says I need a subscription and I am sure that I have one. after downloading it I did put the dll in the plugin folder.

here is the error. This happens when I hit configure for VDL

VDL error.PNG

Here is what it says when I hit details

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentException: The path is not of a legal form.
   at System.IO.Path.NormalizePathFast(String path, Boolean fullCheck)
   at System.IO.Path.NormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck)
   at System.IO.Path.GetFullPathInternal(String path)
   at System.IO.Path.GetFullPath(String path)
   at System.Diagnostics.FileVersionInfo.GetFullPathWithAssert(String fileName)
   at System.Diagnostics.FileVersionInfo.GetVersionInfo(String fileName)
   at DracLabs.Environment.Get_File_Version(String File_Path)
   at Configuration.Check_DT_Ver()
   at Configuration.Combo_DT_Drive_Type_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
   at Configuration.Setup_Drive_Types()
   at Configuration..ctor()
   at GameEx.Plugin.Configure()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at Repository_Manager.ProxyClass.InvokeMethod(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at Repository_Manager.ProxyClass.InvokeMethod(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at Repository_Manager.frmMain.butConfigure_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8689 (QFE.050727-8600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Repository Manager
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/GameEx/Repository%20Manager.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8670 (QFE.050727-8600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8686 (QFE.050727-8600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8681 (QFE.050727-8600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8679 (QFE.050727-8600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8670 (QFE.050727-8600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Can you post the full path to your virtual drive app for me? Not the plugin file, Daemons Tools or whatever.

You shouldn't need to do any configuration anyhow, just add the command line variable in GameEx.

Also, in the folder with the iso, is there a settings.xml file? If not try creating a blank one in a text editor and putting it in that folder. If that's the issue I can fix that in code.

The path to DTLite.exe is D:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite

I see no settings.xml file in my isos folder of the emulator im trying to use this on. When you say try creating a blank one do you mean leave it complete void of text just name it settinggs.xml and place in the directory?

ss setup.PNG

No, the xml should be in the GameEx > Plugins > DT Loader folder, the one with the test.iso you mentioned earlier. Not the folder with the roms in it.

Also your command line is wrong of you're using the plug-in. It should be

SSF.exe [DTools] , that ones for Tom.'s. If I had to guess then if that doesn't work you either don't have Daemon Tools installed or you didn't install it properly. Can you mount images outside of GameEx?

OK I misunderstood you and yes there is a .xml file in with the test iso and also a text document that reads as follows

5/6/2016 10:52:47 AM : Virtual Drive Loader (Version: 1.2.1)
5/6/2016 10:52:47 AM : GameEx14.48 initialized OK!
5/6/2016 10:52:47 AM : Plugin was initialized successfully!
5/6/2016 10:52:47 AM : ERROR: Could not find any virtual drives! Not initializing plugin!

I have Dtools lite installed my iso files have a dtools icon associated with them if I double click an iso it mounts 

I still need to see the path to your Daemon Tools exe.

Can you also post the contents of that xml file? It looks like DT is not being picked up properly, which means you may not have installed it in the default location.

Thanks for the help I listed the Dtools path above in another post but here it is again.

The path to DTLite.exe is D:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite

Here s whats in the xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="true"?>

-<dt_mount>

-<settings>

<xml_ver>1.1</xml_ver>

<created>Tuesday, May 03, 2016 9:37:29 AM</created>

<debug>False</debug>

</settings>

</dt_mount>

• 4 months later...

Hi there,

I am having an issue getting roms to load using Alcohol and ePSXE.  When I updated to Windows 10, I switched to Alcohol 120 as Daemon stopped working.  I used the following command line, and it worked fine, but now gives me the error *EPSX:Demo not found[[ALCOHOL]].

epsxe.exe -nogui -slowboot [ALCOHOL] -loadmemc0 "memcards\[rom].mcr"

What might be causing this, please.  If I load a rom into Alcohol, then use ePSXE, that works fine.  When I use PluginDownloader 1.02 Options the Test.iso loads fine, so I'm thinking it's something in that command line, which previously worked fine. Thanks for any assistance.

• 3 months later...

Hi Adultery!!

I'm having 2 problems with plugin:

1 - Sometimes I get the same error as Mviars (see here)

2 - The second error is trying to mount images on different virtual drives. Although I put the drive letter where I want to mount the image, it is always mounted on the first one. If I see the latest mount command pressing the button "Launch bat file" on configuration page, the command is always: DTAgent.exe -mount dt, 0 but the command line on this emulator is: -mount scsi, F, "[RomPathFull]"

Thanks for your help.

I'll have to look at #1. I cant see the post attachments on my mobile.

For #2, the plugin isn't set up to use multiple drives. I might be able to work with that though, let me look at the code. Either way that would be new functionality.

Hi Adultery and thanks for your reply!!!

Don't worry about problem 2, I think found the solution. My problem was one of the drives is mounted as SCSI, and found a command to mount on first SCSI unit with [DTOOLS-SCSI]. This works perfect on my PC Engine emulator, but found another problem with this.

I have a second emulator that uses images (Saturn - Yabause). This emulator uses a normal DT drive, and I use the [DTOOLS] command to run games perfect, but If I launch a game for PC Engine and after try to launch a game for Saturn the image is not mounted on DT drive.

If I mount first a Saturn game I can run after a PC Engine game, but not in reverse order. Do you understand what I'm saying?

- Run Saturn game and run PC Engine game = Perfect both

- Run PC Engine game and then run Saturn game = The saturn games are not mounted on virtual drive.

Thanks in advance.

• 4 months later...

Hi!!

Updated to latest Daemon Tools Lite version (10.6) and now can't mount any image with Virtual Drive Loader.

If I configure the plugin and launch the bat file I see a message on command line box saying "Deprecated Syntax. Use -help to learn more" and nothing more happens.

It's possible needed to update plugin to support latest Daemon Tools version?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Adultery!!

If i'm not wrong, i'm using latest plugin version 1.2.3 updated via repository manager.

Things I don't understand:

1 - My mount command on Virtual Drive Loader is: -mount dt, E, "[RomPathFull]"

2 - If I see some logs, the command sending by Virtual Drive Loader is everytime: DTAgent.exe -mount dt, 0, "here the fullrompath"

3 - No matter what you put in mount command on Virtual Drive Loader, everytime lauch same command.

4 - I noticed that the command -mount dt, 0, "[RomPathFull]" is the default command that Virtual Drive Loader shows when you enter the program. I assume for some reason is the command that remains to launch.

5 - In my particular case, I'm not able to mount a image on a specific drive letter. If I use Virtual Drive Loader it mounts the image on first free drive.

6 - Same for SCSI drives, but changin dt parameter for scsi.

7 - Attached the log trying to mount a Sega Saturn image on drive E

8 - My launch command on GameEx emulator config is Yabause.exe [DTLOADER]

EDIT:

9 - Attached my config on Virtual Clone Drive xml file

EDIT 2:

10 - At this point, I can't mount any image using Virtual Drive Loader. The test.iso is not mounting when I press the button to see if program is runing well.

11 - At the moment I have 2 virtual drives: E: is a dt drive and F: is a SCSI drive

lastmount.bat

dtloader-saturn.log

Settings.xml

I think we've had this conversation before, it's not made to work with drive letters and I don't think you can do that in DT at all... At least last I checked DT required driver numbers in command-line, so your custom CL isn't gonna work (which is why your test mount fails). You shouldn't ever need anything in there, and I would just remove your custom command lines and rely on the automation as I know that works properly.

Your args are correct:

-mount dt, 0, "C:\Users\Retro Dream\AppData\Local\Temp\Unzipped7-Zip\Alien Trilogy (Europe) (En,Fr,Es,It).cue"

It's supposed to use DTAgent.exe (which it is). It's also not made to work with multiple drives.

Can you get it to mount using a command line outside of GameEx? It's sounding to me like an issue with your setup. I'm also not clear why you need an SCSI drive and a normal one. If you have one emulator that needs SCSI, why not just use that for all of them? I'm not sure if that's the issue or not, but for testing maybe try and remove one of them. I still think it's the drive letters you're trying to pass that's breaking it though.

Hi Adultery,

For the moment solved my problem using:

1 - Emulator command: Yabause.exe

2 - Launch before: "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTAgent.exe" -mount_to E, "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"

3 - Launch after: "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTAgent.exe -unmount_all"

With this solution I can mount the image on selected drive, in that case E:

The reason to have 2 drives is because the other emulator that uses images (PC Engine CD) need a SCSI drive to work. I never try to mount a Sega Saturn image on a SCSI drive, but with this method can mount the image for specific system on specific drive.

Thanks a lot for your kindly help another time.

Ahh so it looks like the command line changed once again. I'll update the plugin. Thanks!

• Like 1