All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Adultery

I just said xpadder plugin doesn't launch with Game EX lite it's ok with the normal Game EX.

This is the new daemon tools lite window > http://imgur.com/T4vpMGi

The old one > http://imgur.com/VhOnped

Deamon tools lite is now installed in program files not x86.

New logs and ini with DTloader.xml.

I understand, my plugin checks both 32-bit and 64-bit locations for dtlite.exe by default but I'll look at it, you may just need to update where you set it to look. I don't set anything at all in the plugin settings to use it, I enable the plugin and use headless mode which is just a switch in the emu command line. You can delete the settings.xml and just add [dtloader] to the emulator's command line (or [dtloader-scsi] if its a SCSI drive) to use it that way.

I wasn't saying Xpadder plugin had anything to do with it, just that I haven't been told plugins don't work in Lite mode. ;)

Hi, thanks for taking time reading my issues.

I just tried this method:

1 deleted the xml

2 with [dtloader-scsi] dtloader log says image mounted successfully but I don't see it mounted in the desktop SSF just gives blackscreen. When i close the emu i got a deamon tool error message. http://imgur.com/albxvMu

3 with [dtloader] syntax error is present at mount and unmount procedure. Image is not mounted too.

I disabled touchscreen, tried the vanilla mame but the issue remains. My only way to launch mame roms from the main Game EX.exe is to disable the virtual drive loader plugin.

Maybe another method is possible to mount isos without the plugin with another command line?

I guess I could be wrong but I don't see what difference the plugin not being there has on your mame install. As mentioned before it has nothing to do with integrated mame. It doesn't try to run for mame at all unless you tell it to in the config.

Did you try to run the plugin in debug mode? And after you do can you post the log for the plugin? It's in GameEx > Plugins > DT Mount.

If you're not sure whether to use an scsi switch or not, is it safe to assume you're not sure which type of drive you installed? Did your drive letter change when you reinstalled dtools? If you mount a game manually does SSF pick it up? Does SSF even work with an scsi drive?

I'm going to update my Dtools this weekend, maybe the command line changed or something.

It just doesn't make any friggin' sense! :(

It's not that I think you're lying, I just know what its programmed to do and that ain't it. So I'll have to look into it.

Did you try and launch the bat file by the way to see if the image mounts after the ssf failure?

Turns out the command line has indeed changed, and the new DT Lite does indeed create the drive on the fly. This presents some problems unfortunately...

• The plugin will be fine. I'll just do a version check and pass the needed command line for the version. There will be a new version soon.
  • Emulators like SSF need to know the drive letter. If this creates drives on the fly, how will it reserve the drive letter? I can see this being a future problem.
  • For unmounting to work you will need to go into the Daemon Tools Lite settings and turn off "Unmount All" confirmation

I am still unable to reproduce your MAME issue no matter what I do. I'll tweak the code that filters the emulators it will work for and see if that helps you. Please refer to the release thread for updates. Since this is related to the plugin I'm going to continue this there and move this thread... I'll keep this one open specifically for the MAME issue.

EDIT: The plugin has been updated to support v5 and up.

Version 1.1.5 is out!
Most notably the issue with DAEMON Tools changing the command line in v5 and up has been addressed via a version check, so now the plugin supports both new and old versions. Here's the full rundown:

1.1.3 - 1.1.5

• Added support for DAEMON Tools v5
  • Removed integrated support from GUI (the plugin didn't use it anyway)
  • Fixed the bat file loading button in the GUI
  • Added a button to launch the loader exe from the plugin
  • Fixed last run info not saving
  • Lots of work in batch file creation code
  • Added much more debug logging
  • Fixed a small issue with MAME Plus! support

Please note that to skip the unmount confirmation you will need to change a DT setting:

Settings > Confirmation > Uncheck 'Unmount All'

Get it from the usual places. :)

• Like 2

Hi , thanks for your patience and efforts to keep your plugin up to date so quickly.

SSF works well now. I had to mount 1 iso manually first then assign the drive to SSF.

And for mame nothing changed.

I'll try to use it as a standard emu and basta!

Edit: Issue remains with mame as standard emu :blush: .

I'm sorry, but I can't fix it if I can't reproduce it...

Can you zip up your gameex.ini and gameex config folder and pass it to me?

If anyone else can reproduce this please speak up. ;)

Would runitgame.bat help the OP in this case to generate the info you need to assist? I am not able to replicate on my setup. The only thing I can think might have happened is that a shared .dll file between the two (DT and GameEx) has become corrupt, but it is very odd as MAME (integrated or otherwise) does not use DT.

@morgoth32 - Have you tried running sfc /scannow from an elevated command line on your machine? Instructions can be found here.

Well it looks like your ROM path doesn't have quotes around it in the original BAT. But that comes from GameEx, not from my plugin. It should be:

mamep64.exe gtmr -rompath "E:\jeux oldies\MAME Plus! XT\roms"

That's the stock command GameEx sends for all mame games. Here's what mine looks like:

mame64.exe wh2 -rompath "G:\Roms\MAME\roms" -nowindow -joy -mt -video d3d -mouse -noka -tb -np 2

This one is the good one :) works with integrated MAME now !

Thank you !

Maybe there is another cmd line to mount as scsi [dtloader -scsi] is what i tried and it didn't work?

I don't know how but an admin can close and mark a [RESOLVED] thank again for the support.

• 1 month later...

Updated to 1.1.9:

• Added support for MagicISO and MagicDisk
  • Use [MagicISO] or [MagicDisk] to use these loaders
  • Added delay options for loaders, press the clock button in the plugin config to specify your own mount and unmount delays
  • Added a [DTools] and [DTools-SCSI] flag for Daemon Tools
  • Added a 30 second minimum wait between detection and loading DT SCSI drives in concurrent instances to fix the new "feature" they added
  • Added some logos for cosmetics to the setup window

post-680-0-74859800-1430366356_thumb.png

Get it here: http://www.gameex.info/forums/files/file/15-virtual-drive-loader/

• Like 3

Crap. Well WTH. I must not have updated the zip.

I'll fix this in a bit.

• Like 1

Fixed, new version is now available from the link on the first page, the DracLabs Plugin Downloader utility, and in the downloads section. :)

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

post-680-0-94431600-1440213603_thumb.png

This plugin was updated to 1.2.0, which brings the following features:

• Added support for DAEMON Tools 10
  • Plugin now determines DT version and uses DTAgent if v10 or above is found
  • Added new button to test mounting and unmounting through configuration menu
  • Test mounting works for all types of drives
  • If the drive is a DT drive you can test mount both SCSI and regular drives
  • Added a fix for GameEx installations with no emulators installed

So the notable change here is the new button for testing your ISO Loader. Press the checkmark next to the browse button and your ISO Loader will mount a test ISO. I have included a small one in the installation ( it's like 52 KB ) but you could really use any ISO if you place it in the plugin settings folder and name it test.iso.

As noted above I also added support for DT Lite 10 which changed the EXE you need to load ISOs via command line so now that works automatically.

Thanks to the awesome GameEx team of code ninjas you can update easier than ever! Get it from either the new GameEx Repository Manager within the GameEx install, the Setup Wizard, or of course the usual places.

Enjoy! <3

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Do you think it might be beneficial to start a table of emulator command lines and common mount/unmount strings that are required when using your plugin? This post is a prime example of what we can potentially avoid by having such a table for users to reference.

• Like 1

Do you think it might be beneficial to start a table of emulator command lines and common mount/unmount strings that are required when using your plugin? This post is a prime example of what we can potentially avoid by having such a table for users to reference.

I totally agree that this is a great idea! I will say that in the linked post the OP was pretty clearly either not reading or not taking the advice that was being offered as it was repeated on multiple occasions. Heck, he's still not following the advice that was offered. :unsure: (Horse ... Water ... Blah, Blah :D)

But that's the thing. No command lines are required, ya know? It sets itself up. Unless you mean triggers specifically. :)