All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[PROJECT] Xbox 360 Controller Skins (with Tutorial)

KRC

Here is an alternative to the X-Arcade CP Skins thread, this is for Xbox 360 Controllers.

Attached is the .PSD for the layout and also included is a blank .PNG template which will help you make skins more easier.

xbox360plain_zpsdd9c0ea7.png

xbox360fire_zpse60ef0a5.png

____________________________________________________________________________________

Tutorial for making skins with the template. (For Gimp 2.8)

1. Open up the template provided in GIMP, next choose a suitable image you want your Xbox 360 controller skinned with, I have gone with Purple Streak, now drag and drop this over your template that's opened in GIMP and resize the image (shift+T) to 2259x1801 and then centre the image layer, now go to LAYER>>STACK>>LOWER LAYER, it should look something like this.

purplestreak_zps5dfef3b5.png

"At this point make sure the Controller Template layer is Highlighted"

2. ( a ) Then go LAYER>>TRANSPARENCY>>ALPHA TO SELECTION

( b ) Next go to Select>>Then click FLOAT

( c ) Next LAYER>>ANCHOR LAYER

( d ) Again go to LAYER>>TRANSPARENCY>>ALPHA TO SELECTION

( e ) Now click on the GREEN ARROW (Pictured)

greenarrow_zps43cae7c1.png

( f ) Next RIGHT CLICK your image layer>>ADD LAYER MASK>>SELECTION>>+ADD, and it will look like this (pictured)

SELECTION_zps6e6e0364.png

( g ) Finally click on SELECT>>NONE, and there you have it, your skin, now save as whatever you like.

( h ) Now open up your Xbox 360 Controller PSD in GIMP, and drag and drop your skin on top of the PSD and move your skin to just above the XBOX MAIN LAYER, and it will look like this.

psdfinal_zps9b8d8a28.png

And there you have it, Now save as a PNG file and whatever name you like.

TIP* You can change the color of the bottom of the Controller and the Guide button surround (Grey/Black)

Any problems just mention them, although this tutorial is pretty straight forward.

Xbox 360 Controller Skins.zip

• Like 3

Great job! Didn't mean to start sumpin! :P

X-arcade CP skins is one of my favorite User Projects to date :D

The same tutorial method could also be used for X-Arcade Skins as they are basically the same thing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...