All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

After darkness emulator ini's

RageOn

Hey all,

It has been mentioned that a few members are having trouble with 'After Darness' image layouts with certain emulators, so I thought I'd let people know that I've done a few more (78 in total) ini's to add to the theme to solve this.

Reason this is happening

The theme uses custom layouts and if an emulator is used that doesn't have an .ini it automatically goes to a default layout. I'm not 100% that all the names of the .ini's are correct, but I'm sure this will solve those emulator image placement problems. A slight rename might be needed as all of our setups are different but thats not different from the usual changes we all make to our GameEx setups. I have a zip of all 78 files for convenience for those that have issues. All that you need to do is extract to the 'GameEx\THEMES\After Darkness ' folder and overwrite any ini files that are there, unless you've already changed the existing ones to your liking in which case you can skip them. The zip is only 28k so its a very quick fix for a problem I know some of you mentioned.

http://ul.to/iwikd3k2

Here is a list of the included ini's

CPS-3
FB Alpha
MAME
Mjolnir
Model2
Nebula
Raine
WinKawaks
ZiNc
Sammy Atomiswave
Sega Naomi
Atari 2600
Atari 5200
Atari 7800
Atari Jaguar
Bally Astrocade
Coleco Vision
Commodore Amiga CD32
Emerson Arcadia 2001
Fairchild Channel F
Fujitsu FM-Towns Marty
GCE Vectrex
Magnavox Odyssey
Magnavox Odyssey 2
Mattel Intellivision
Microsoft Xbox
NEC PC-FX
NEC SuperGrafx
NEC TurboGrafx CD
NEC TurboGrafx-16
Nintendo GameCube
Nintendo N64
Nintendo NES
Nintendo SNES
Nintendo Wii
Sega 32x
Sega CD
Sega Dreamcast
Sega Genesis
Sega Master System
Sega Saturn
SNK Neo-Geo
SNK Neo-Geo CD
Sony Playstation
Sony PlayStation 2
BFM
MFME
Atari Lynx
Bandai WonderSwan
Bandai WonderSwan Color
Entex Adventure Vision
Nintendo DS
Nintendo Game Boy
Nintendo Game Boy Advance
Nintendo Game Boy Color
Nintendo Super Game Boy
Nintendo Virtual Boy
Sega Game Gear
SNK Neo-Geo Pocket
SNK Neo-Geo Pocket Color
Sony PSP
Apple IIc
Commodore 64
Commodore 128
Commodore Amiga
Commodore CBM-II
Commodore PET
Commodore PLUS4
Commodore VIC20
MGT Sam Coupe
Microsoft DOS
Microsoft MSX
Microsoft Windows
ScummVM
Sinclair ZX Spectrum
Future Pinball
Visual Pinball
Visual PinMAME

I hope this helps any of you with issues.

FAO Tom, would it be possible to add these ini's to the existing uploaded Theme, or would I have to upload it again?

• Like 3

I think that's something that could possibly be introduced in the future.

When creating a new theme and using Custom Emulator Layout's, all system's that are currently emulated will show up in the theme editor, whether or not they are enabled within the user's GameEx setup, and then an .ini file will be created for all system's based off a generic emulator .ini. This way this problem wouldn't be encountered.

Also I'm pretty sure that name plays a factor in Custom Emulator Layout's

eg:

Sega Genesis

[Console] Sega Genesis

I think the theme editor should recognize that they are of similarity and automatically adjust it so that the Layout adjust's to one or the other and no text need's to be edited.

I think that's something that could possibly be introduced in the future.

When creating a new theme and using Custom Emulator Layout's, all system's that are currently emulated will show up in the theme editor, whether or not they are enabled within the user's GameEx setup, and then an .ini file will be created for all system's based off a generic emulator .ini. This way this problem wouldn't be encountered.

Also I'm pretty sure that name plays a factor in Custom Emulator Layout's

eg:

Sega Genesis

[Console] Sega Genesis

I think the theme editor should recognize that they are of similarity and automatically adjust it so that the Layout adjust's to one or the other and no text need's to be edited.

I tried the above before I posted KRC, I did originally have it as you stated but GameEx seemed only to need the 'Title Text' for that emulator as shown in the setupwizard and not the 'Start Page Name'.

thanks for this i will try it out as soon as i can, i'm sorry you have to do all that work :-/

Your more than welcome, I know this will save users a lot of time if they can't find a solution. We've all been in that 'I just want it to work' situation, so if I can can help I will. This only took me about 30mins to do all 78. My only problem was 'Are the names correct?' hence the long explanation.

Thanks for rapidly identifying and assembling a solution for the reported issues RageOn. Great job!

It's all good Null, Go team ! :P