All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[NEWS] Winners of the 2012 Theme Competition

Adultery

Hey gang!

Here's the official announcement for the Theme Competition! Are you ready? ;)

1st Place: After Darkness (RageOn)

2nd Place: Paper Mario (KRC)

3rd Place: Pure GameEx (vsilvalopes)

4th Place: Dark Champion - Carbon (massop)

I'll be in contact with the winners shortly via PM for some information and to address any questions you may have. Most of the items will be shipped from the sponsors directly, so it's imperative that you get back to me with your information.

We have added a ribbon for each of the winning themes, which will be added to the theme's loading screens. I should also note that we will be adding the winners to the GameEx installation.

Again, I want to send a huge hank you to everyone who participated in the competition! You have all done some superb work, and we thank you all for everything you do to make GameEx a great place to be!

Feel free to amend this thread with your congrats for the winners, compliments for the entries, and whatever else you see fit to post about. The competition was (in my eyes) a huge success, and hopefully we can do it again sometime. :)

Side note: I just want to start off by apologizing for the delay in the announcement. I have some stuff going on in "real life" and haven't had time to throw this post together to make the announcement. Thanks everyone for your patience, and congrats to our winners!

• Like 3

I'd like to offer a huge congratulations to the winners of the competition! You guys are amazing! Well done gentlemen!

Thanks so much to everyone that took the time and effort to construct themes for this competition. I feel very lucky that I had the opportunity to enjoy each of the theme competition entries, and see firsthand the craftsmanship that you guys put into each theme. You should all be very proud of your entries and what you have accomplished. We have such talented and creative people here on these forums, and it was particularly rewarding to have the opportunity to test out each of your themes!

Finally, if I may offer a very heartfelt thanks to Adultery. Seriously guys, he put a ton of effort and personal time into making this competition awesome. He was responsible for organizing the competition sponsors and assembling the prize packages. It goes without saying that he's an incredible asset to our community. Thanks Adultery, you rock man.

• Like 2

Thanks null! I had a great time, and time spent bringing awareness to an awesome front end is time well spent! :)

Thanks null! I had a great time, and time spent bringing awareness to an awesome front end is time well spent! :)

Awesome but also astonishing, beautiful, breathtaking, magnificent, majestic, mind-blowing, and wondrous. :)

Congratulations to our 3 winners and my heartfelt thanks to all that entered themes in the contest. When Adultery and I first discussed the possibility of a successful contest, I was cautiously optimistic at best. I began to fret a little when the deadline was near and we only had but about 7 entrants or so. But then you all pulled out the stops and doubled the number of entries up to the very last minute.

All that being said, it wasn't an easy vote for myself and likewise for the other mods and admins. Thanks again for your participation and, hopefully, continued contributions to this great software and even better community!

I would just like to say I felt very honoured and proud when I had the opportunity to judge the entries. It was really flattering to see the huge amount of effort that went into the entries and how creative they were. Like the way our programming hero's used to push 8 bit machines to the max, you pushed GameEx to all it can do. The winners and in fact all the entries easily deserve all the goodies up for grabs.

A heartfelt thanks to all involved and especially Adultery for his fantastic vision creating the competition and high competence in managing it.

I would also like to thank all our sponsors for their generosity, encouragement, and even their personal support to me in many cases over the years. The community at large is so nice to be a part of it. We all do it for the "right" reasons. I can highly recommend all their products and services, and can do that with honesty and as a consumer of their goods myself rather than a biased receiver of perks.

Thanks again,

Tom.

• Like 1

:o No way !

I'm feeling so greatful for this....... many thanks to all involved in and a massive ty to the community, glad I could give something back!

Im off for a beer and to pinch myself, Its the first time I've won anything

Congratulations to all of the winners, and thanks to all that participated. Thanks to Adultery for running the show. Because of the efforts of everyone involved, the entire community wins with some awesome new themes for our setups. :)