All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

GameEx Emulator Databases.

Evilforces

WOW Tom. I never knew you included my SNES database. Thanks for telling. The thing isnt totally complete. I need people to update it.

I just quickly did it in 15 minutes and parsed out whats on the wiki.

TOM DID IT ERROR OUT FOR YOU? I could only get it to show one reocrd.

Well you people interested in the SNES. I need you to update each game with of players, a description and something else I cant remember off the top of my head.

LOL I am shocked he already put it in the software. Someone please help with the database!

Make sure you add :

DATABASE=SNES

To your Snes Config. That should work.

Thanks Jedah!! It works perfect!!, but I can see that the database is incomplete and some games are in the wrong menu (for example, there are plataform games in figthers menu, or something...)

The database of Nintendo 64 are the same mistakes, but I don´t know if its incomplete, but the mistakes are in.

Thanks a lot.

P.D. I think we can make a lite pieces of databases and then paste all the parts to do a big database of all games. How can I make a database of any plataform?

WOW Tom.  I never knew you included my SNES database.  Thanks for telling.  The thing isnt totally complete.  I need people to update it. 

I just quickly did it in 15 minutes and parsed out whats on the wiki. 

TOM DID IT ERROR OUT FOR YOU?  I could only get it to show one reocrd.

Well you people interested in the SNES.  I need you to update each game with  of players, a description and something else I cant remember off the top of my head.

LOL I am shocked he already put it in the software.  Someone please help with the database!

Sorry, it was on the news page. Check it out. Thank you for it. There were some bugs in GameEx I needed to fix to get it to work right. Should work fine in latest release though.

Thanks again.

Yeah Tom.... I need to know the underlying algorithm and how it resolves the "GoodName" with the name of the file on your hard drive. I noticed that it kind of makes a best guess at what rom to pull. I need to go through each name in each of my databases and update them with a better good match.

Most of the sites where I extract data off are not GOOD compliant, but most are close. Obviously you have something in the logic that parses out all of the (U)[!] and REV information. Anything will help. My genesis database is looking great, including all of the comments on each game.

Yeah Tom.... I need to know the underlying algorithm and how it resolves the "GoodName" with the name of the file on your hard drive.  I noticed that it kind of makes a best guess at what rom to pull.  I need to go through each name in each of my databases and update them with a better good match. 

Most of the sites where I extract data off are not GOOD compliant, but most are close.  Obviously you have something in the logic that parses out all of the (U)[!] and REV information.  Anything will help.  My genesis database is looking great, including all of the comments on each game.

Bassically thats what it does it - parses out all of the (U)[!] and REV information.

So its basically the goodname with or without that info, works either way, but obviously the main filename needs to be correct, it does not use any other logic other than remove the above.

Hey guys. Heres a little flavor of what I am working on. This database is 90 percent complete and I need someone to go through each record and validate whether the GoodName record matches perfectly to the actual GOODNAME (the lsit is provided in the text file zipped up). For the most part, you will get most records returned when you select a filter in Gameex.

I originally created this database by parsing the comprehensive megadrive file found here. I just created AHK scripts to parse it the way I needed it.

All my next database releases will be extracted from Mobygames site. Thanks for whoever suggested that site!

Additionally, I yet again have no information pertaining to the number of players field. Someone will have to update that manually. But since Tom doesnt have the option to filter by number of players. I guess it doesnt matter. Maybe someday we can configure the WHERE clause for each filter.

I am also finished with my DOS games configuration! I just need to update and extract 450 screenshots that turned out bad. ANYONE WILLING HELP AND GRAB THESE SCREENS OFF OF UNDERDOGS.ORG? I have a list of what I need. More incubus158 projects will be released shortly.

genesis.zip

http://www.allgame.com/

If system/game info is needed for this project. Lots of info. Apparently they have a game scrapper that will let you pull everything right off the site.

Where is this type of thing? Any clue? I checked out the site, but couldnt find such a thing. I can hardly imagine they would give away their databases. People are retarded when it comes to data sometimes.

so all the database's use the  GoodName nameing system?

we should have place for databases so people can contribute if something is missing or needs to be changed

Yes they use Goodnames support, just use anywhere on the boards to contrib, although Ill add a pinned topic.

I dont think you will need to create a new sticky topic Tom. I basically have a majority of the popular emu's done. I think people should use these databases that I created as a "base database" and if they want to contribute, they should modify the databases and send them to you to update and include in the build. I think the same idea should go with my DOS configs.

The theory being if you find a bug in the configuration or database that you can easily make the software that much better by updating it. So what you can do to debug a database and the good names is run a simple WHERE clause and compare the records returned between gameex and the database.

Ex: Lets say you drill into the year 1989 and gameex returns 12 records. But in the database you do a simple where clause for "1989" on the Year field and it returns 15 records. That means that Gameex tried to resolve the good name with something different in the database. Most likely there is a difference in the actual file name with the one that is in the database. If you simply update the GoodName field, you can easily fix that query as well as fix the description when you drill into a game.

The databases are looking really great right now. I will realease them this week when I am finished with the work. I probably will also re-do the SNES database to include the description for each game. I will post my results in this thread.

I dont think you will need to create a new sticky topic Tom.  I basically have a majority of the popular emu's done.  I think people should use these databases that I created as a "base database" and if they want to contribute, they should modify the databases and send them to you to update and include in the build.  I think the same idea should go with my DOS configs.

The theory being if you find a bug in the configuration or database that you can easily make the software that much better by updating it.  So what you can do to debug a database and the good names is run a simple WHERE clause and compare the records returned between gameex and the database.

Ex:  Lets say you drill into the year 1989 and gameex returns 12 records.  But in the database you do a simple where clause for "1989" on the Year field and it returns 15 records.  That means that Gameex tried to resolve the good name with something different in the database.  Most likely there is a difference in the actual file name with the one that is in the database.  If you simply update the GoodName field, you can easily fix that query as well as fix the description when you drill into a game.

The databases are looking really great right now.  I will realease them this week when I am finished with the work.  I probably will also re-do the SNES database to include the description for each game.  I will post my results in this thread.

Sounds fantastic Emph, thanks for all your doing to make GameEx even better.

Can't wait to get a new build out there with all the new databases included! :rolleyes:

I dont think you will need to create a new sticky topic Tom.  I basically have a majority of the popular emu's done.  I think people should use these databases that I created as a "base database" and if they want to contribute, they should modify the databases and send them to you to update and include in the build.  I think the same idea should go with my DOS configs.

The theory being if you find a bug in the configuration or database that you can easily make the software that much better by updating it.  So what you can do to debug a database and the good names is run a simple WHERE clause and compare the records returned between gameex and the database.

Ex:  Lets say you drill into the year 1989 and gameex returns 12 records.  But in the database you do a simple where clause for "1989" on the Year field and it returns 15 records.  That means that Gameex tried to resolve the good name with something different in the database.  Most likely there is a difference in the actual file name with the one that is in the database.  If you simply update the GoodName field, you can easily fix that query as well as fix the description when you drill into a game.

The databases are looking really great right now.  I will realease them this week when I am finished with the work.  I probably will also re-do the SNES database to include the description for each game.  I will post my results in this thread.

Just wondered how all this was going buddy, and if I can help with anything or chip in at all?

Yell if you need anything, and feel free to use the hosting account for anything else you need. There should be no issues with space or bandwidth, unless you upload something silly ;)

Cheers.

Tom.

Hey everyone. I just released all these databases to Tom. He will include them in his next release I am sure. I put a bunch of time into extracting all this data and the only thing thats left is for everyone to verify each GoodName to make sure it does not vary from the database. Most likely people wont update them ever, but its worth a shot. They are pretty solid right now. Have fun guys!

http://www.bodypotions.net/davidrenne.com/all_gameex_db.zip

Hey everyone.  I just released all these databases to Tom.  He will include them in his next release I am sure.  I put a bunch of time into extracting all this data and the only thing thats left is for everyone to verify each GoodName to make sure it does not vary from the database.  Most likely people wont update them ever, but its worth a shot.  They are pretty solid right now.  Have fun guys!

http://www.bodypotions.net/davidrenne.com/all_gameex_db.zip

Thanks a lot Dave, and check your email.

A GameEx release should follow Today.

In order to offer a bit of motivation to people to update databases, that need a lot of week (SNES, N64 and a few others are fairly OK, but others need a lot of tidying of the Goodnames), I am prepared to offer some cash incentives or free licenses for each perfect full update of a database.

$17.50 or a free license for each database (must be of a high quality). I'm not making a lot from donations, but this is a Scene project mostly, so get going!!

Tom.