All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[THEME] The Walking Dead (WIP)

Hello and good morning/afternoon/evening to you all! I hope all of you had a great Holiday Season, at least as much as I did!

This upcoming Monday, I will start working on The Walking Dead theme, and would like a few suggestions - mainly which would you perfer, a theme based on the show, or on the comics? (Whichever option has the most votes will "win"! :) )

LC

Awesome!! :) Thanks for the feedback! Comics it is! (Which I was secretly rooting for the Comics - the show is good, but I'm a bigger fan of the books and agree that the artwork will look much better as the theme)

I've already started on it tonight - the only part I've adapted from the show is a small clip of the theme song when GameEx loads...so far, its gonna rock! :)

Will post screenshots as they become available :)

This is some very promising progress thurmansevolution! One observation: red text can be very tricky to work with depending on the choice of background colors. It can work well with dark backgrounds, but with any sort of light background (or various color combinations), it becomes more difficult for the eye to separate the text from the background resulting in some eye strain.

OTOH, red text does seem to really fit from a thematic perspective! Best advice: use your own best judgment and proceed accordingly.

Looking forward to seeing this one progress!

I have to agree with null's suggestion about the red. Going to a darker red may be preferable. You might consider creating a slight "background" of sorts for your text that is slightly opaque so that the graphics show through but gives you enough contrast with your text color. Also, I would recommend as an addition using a 100% transparency for the unselected bar. This will eliminate the lines appearing in the lists and gives it a more polished appearance.

Overall it is looking good!