All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Disable arrows on media screens

stigt

Hi all,

When viewing the art screenshots (boxart, cartridge, titlescreen, etc) there are some ugly arrows in the lower right corner, meant to quickly view the next or previous image.

I don't like them and would like to turn them off, but can't find where to do this,

Can anyone help me with this?

Regards,

Arjen

Hey,

The best way to remove these arrows is within the theme editor.

Open up the theme your using in the theme editor, look on the left hand side of the theme editor and finds buttons under object browser, Now change the x or y axis to 2000 for:

Arrow Down

Arrow Down Pressed

Arrow Up

Arrow Up Pressed

Then save the theme.

Be advised that if you not using custom emulators/modules with your theme, then they will be removed entirely throughout the theme so basically fast scrolling would be kinda be disabled, unless your using another method to fast scroll.

post-9120-0-17187000-1356269212_thumb.pn

There is also another method which is more simple but is not always effective as for some reason the buttons occasionally reappear.

Load up your theme in theme editor, then go to Edit>Options>Settings> then untick the show buttons tab.

The reason why I answered with my first post was because unticking show buttons is not always effective as completely removing them from the theme.

Those are apparently embedded in GameEx and cannot be changed or removed from via the Theme Editor. Personally I wouldn't mind having them as a modifiable option via the theme engine. You might want to suggest this under the Feature and Enhancements request thread in the Pinned and Hot Topics forum section.