All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Directory for Emulator Intro Videos?

wkupike2000

I've been using this site for a few weeks since starting my first arcade cabinet project. I've paid for GameEx and Emumovies so I'm up and running with a slick system. My question is where do I place my emulator intro videos and where do they play?

I've placed the main intro video in my Mame folder and it plays when my GameEx starts, but what about each emulator intro? (e.g. Genesis intro vid, Nintendo intro vid, etc). I tried placing them in that same folder but then GameEx seems to play one of them instead of my main intro.

Hi, I believe that there need to be several things that have to be done to make this happen.

First, you will need to rename the videos to the same name as the logo file that represents the system being emulated. For example, if the logo file is named _Console__Nintendo_N64.png would be the logo file, so you would name the video file _Console__Nintendo_N64.avi or mp4 - whatever the format is of the video.

The video files are usually placed in the \\gameex\themes\THEME NAME HERE\MEDIA\Database folder (someone correct me if I am wrong). This video should override the logo image and display in its place.

• Like 1

I'm running the theme Default - Abyss. So I went into \\gameex\themes\Default-Abyss\Media but there's no Database folder. Do I create a database folder?

Another odd thing, when I go from the main menu in GameEx to "Emulated Games", it shows [Console] Sega Geneis (Fusion) and the logo that appears is just the words "Sega Genesis" but I can't locate that PNG file anywhere in my GameEx media folder or themes folders. When I search, the only files even close are titled "[Console] Sega Genesis" and are either .MAP or .DB3 files and one Config file.

It is possible that the logo is being pulled form the default-default theme if it isn't finding it in the \\gameex\themes\Default-Abyss\Media\logo folder. Can you provide a copy of your gameex.ini file, please?

So you were right, the Database folder and the Logo folder with the Sega Genesis log were in the Default-Default theme folder. So I renamed the mp4 to Sega Genesis and dropped it into the Database folder, no luck. When I go to Emulated Games, still just see the Sega Genesis logo. I'm assuming that is where the intro video would play correct? I attached the ini file.

GameEx.ini

You may want to try placing it in the logo folder of your active theme instead. This is a feature that I have not used in quite a while so I may have directed you incorrectly. My apologies if that is the case.

• Like 1

No worries at all, I sincrerely appreciate the quick replies and ideas. I left home for my parents for an early Xmas before I received your reply. I'll check upon my return on Sunday/Monday and let you know. I may not even want the intros after getting it to work, but since I'm a newbie and still configuring my system I won't know until I try! Thanks!

That was it I renamed to the exact logo name and dropped it into the default theme's logo folder. It now plays when I go to the Emulated Games section. THANKS!!!