All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[Somewhat Resolved]Has anyone had this problem? - between Instant Sheller and CPWizard??

thurmansevolution

Hello!

Earlier today, I was getting set up to use Instant Sheller for GameEx. Before today, during the times I would shell GameEx, the launching of mame games went seemless. For some reason now, when I shell GameEx, I get a HiToText error every time I launch a mame game. When I start GameEx normally through windows though, this issue never happens. I'm not really sure where to start troubleshooting.

Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks in advance! :)

LC

GameEx.ini

log.txt

So far, I've uninstalled and reinstalled a fresh copy of instant sheller and cpwizard, and nothing really helps -

The only progress I've made was that I noticed that it only does it on some games....ms. pacman, gunsmoke, and mortal combat to just name a few. There are some though, that it doesnt effect - two of them are 1943 and Killer Instinct.

And again, when I open GameEx normally through windows, everything works fine (as far as showing the Control Panel - Its only when I use Instant Sheller, that this error occurs...which will still show the Control Panel, but only after the error box pops up for HiToText...

Please pardon my language, but I'm about to pull the rest of my f@#king hair out lol

Any help will be greatly appriciated on this matter! :)

Attached is a copy of the config settings of CPWizard just in case...

LC

CPWizard.ini

Thanks for the response Draco :)

I haven't compiled my own version of mame - I mainly use the Mame32 v103.

I've made a little more progress in the past few minutes. I'm starting to think that this is some weird issue between instant sheller and the new version of GameEx that just came out yesterday. The reason why, is (and please don't open the lynching mob just yet lol), on my cab, I use two front ends. My main one is GameEx, and when the kids want to play, I have GameEx able to launch Hyperspin, mainly because it's pretty friendly for a 6 year old. I have both front ends looking at the same games, emulators...the only differencs is that GameEx has my full collection, and Hyperspin only has smaller selection. Anyway, I tried out using instant sheller on Hyperspin a few minutes ago, and it appears that everything worked fine with the cpwizard coming up. It seems like it only happens when I shell GameEx.

With that being said, this issue started yesterday...so what I'm thinking is that there maybe some strange bug or issue that occurs when GameEx is shelled. And it only occurs in some games, I'm not sure of the exact count lol, but Ms Pacman and Gunsmoke are included in the list.

Thanks again! :) , and I hope to hear something soon.

LC

...or if someone can just try to recreate the problem by shelling the latest version of GameEx and try to launch Gunsmoke, Mortal Kombat, or Ms Pacman...

lol, just to see if it's something with my setup, or if its a bug in the latest update of GameEx.

Thanks!

LC

Latest Update - At this point, I'm not really sure what the f@#k is going on. I've downgraded GameEx to 12.88 to test out, and it's still doing the same problem, so it's not the new version of GameEx. At this point, I'm f#$king lost. Any help will be greatly appriciated.

Maybe compare my config and log file, just the parts concerning this matter, with yours? Anyone??

I'm honestly all out of ideas at this point. I've uninstalled and installed a fresh new copy of CPWizard as well - same results. I've cleared all the cache I could clear - same results. There must be something somewhere that is causing this problem between CPWizard and GameEx - its driving me nuts trying to figure this s@#t out.

Sorry for the ranting, I guest I'm just a little fed up with it for right now.

LC

Thanks! :)

Sorry for the delay in joining the chat - I work grave shift and layed down for a nap after walking away from the cab for a little while. I'm joining now and will be in there for the rest of the evening (until around 8pm central time)

Thanks again!! I can't wait to get this fixed!! :)

LC

Update :)

I still don't know why HiToText is giving me an error when launching a game when GameEx is "shelled" - so for the time being, until I add a second monitor, I deleted the HiToText files from both GameEx and CPWizard and so far so good :)