All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[THEME PACKS] >>> Gameroom Themes <<<

Krakerman

If the image is being loaded as a background file, then should not be an issue. You might want to take a look at the theme.ini file and verify that AlphaChannel=True. From what I see in the theme.ini for this one, it is set that way. I tried to open your file but cannot since it is in .pdn (PaintDotNet) format so won't be of much help, I'm afraid. You may want to save it to .png and then load the file in GIMP to see if it is saving with transparency.

Save your themes as png. To have the video show thru using paintdot.net use the magic wand at 50% and cut out the video square not the border and that will make the video show thru. The reason I have larger files with a link to d/l is because Adultery has helped me with that so I can have larger files available for you. The forums don't give you a whole lot of space really. We might need to look into alternative sites for storing these themes to make them available.

@starbuck I have fixed your theme. Also make sure you merge all the layers before you cut out the video box. Also btw your theme looks awesome! Runs great....How I make my bezels is I take a snapshot of the theme running that is how I can tell the placement of the bezels on both sides then cut and paste them into my theme.

Some videos don't display the full size like vertical games and SHMUPs especially so that is why I made my own custom bezels on my themes. Look at mine for examples.

Pdn format is only so you can see and use my layers in the framework, but when you save it to use it in GameEx it needs to be in png format which will merge all the layers together when you save it automatically. You can save your theme then cut out the box using the magic wand at 50% then save it again (png format).

@starbuck Look at my Xevious theme as that will show you that you can even make a custom video border around your videos at a smaller size. What ever image you place around the video transparency box will cover the video so on vertical games it gives you more room on each side to make a customized video borders for your themes.

I'm currently using the Mame as the default and since there is no boxart, i'm put the themes in my marqueen folder and it seems to work. I then tried to make a seperate emulator for mame and pointed it at boxart and it didn't work at all. When I tried to go to anothetr emulator the list still shows etc.

You need to setup MAME as a individual emulator and not thru MAME setup in GameEx. This way the theme will work correctly. There are issues when using GameEx default MAME setup. Disable MAME in GameEx and setup MAME as a new emulator and set the box image to your MAME themes and it will work.

I am actually using 2 different versions of MAME in GameEx and use the group feature to combine them as 1.

@starbuck,

Looking forward to the N64 set, no pressure of course :P

Once I've done a few more sets I'm gonna take a break from this for a short while, otherwise I'll be going to an early grave :P

I love working on this project but still have stuff of my own to finish.

Awesome idea by Krakerman but it needs more participants for theming.

I bet for a whole GameRoom experience your looking at 12,000 themes + :o

Agreed is alot fun. Don't know if I can upload anymore, pretty much at my limit for Gameex unless I delete what I've already posted. We may have to come up with another way of doing this. I've added a themes folder under my assets folder created by Emumovies for each system that I have themes for.. This is where I point the themes to.Maybe Ciro will allow us to post themes under his site and emumovies service could download them as they are created just as it does for snaps etc. Still working on Krakerman's theme trying to correct some of the issues I'm having with it. Would it be possible to take another person's theme and have our themes only show when you pick a game from the list and it goes to the next page where you see the snaps, title etc..

Create a dropbox account and put the links on here that's what I use for my projects page, I think they give 2gb worth of storage for new users.

Krakerman is probably the best person to ask about any issues, but what are the issues,maybe I could help.

I made a seperate emulator for mame and that seems to be working. But across the top is the words emulators, exit, etx, and it very hard to read in order to change to these I have to hover over them and then it the down arrow to access the other menus. When i go to one of these i no longer have his theme I shoe snaps etc.

@starbuck Are you using Custom Menus? Also make sure you have the correct Views set then you can go in and disable views under the enable/disable features. Maybe post a screen shot of what your screen looks like then I can tell you what needs to be done.

Also under Display settings make sure you have Background mode set to Display Black Background and Hide Toolbar set to Always Hide.

Start with that then when can see more settings that need to be done in the setup wizard.