All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[PLUGIN] XBMC Plugin

Tom Speirs

The next version of GameEx will have integration with XBMC via this plugin which will launch GameEx and return to XBMC in the process pausing and resuming anything playing. Here is the current version of the plugin for testing and an updated gameex.exe for correctly returning focus to XBMC. The whole thing will be seamless in the next gameex release and the plugin will automatically install to XBMC. If the option not to run XBMC in a full screen window is set this won't work right but that is not the default setting in XBMC. Ive only tested in Win 7, not sure if there will be DirectX conflicts in XP. The plugin is completely free for you to use and modify anyway you like. There is no license. Even if you want to use it with another product. Choose install plugin as zip from the system menu in XBMC. The GameEx.exe included is the same as the current release with some minor various bug fixes. Unless you modify the source this version will only work with GameEx installed in the default location but its a really simple plugin to modify.

plugin.program.gameex.zip

• Like 3

Awesome! Thanks Tom! I was a Media Browser fan for quite a while, but I've been using XBMC exclusively for about a year now and I've never looked back. I'm really pumped about this plugin! Can't wait to take it for a test drive.

Edit:

Works great so far! Thanks again.

Edited by nullPointer

• 2 months later...

I love both XBMC and GameEX.

I added this to the main screen favorites/shortcuts under the confluence skin. if i open it from the main screen then exit out of it, it brings me to a blank progam menu window, instead of the main screen. If i open it from the program window and exit out it brings me back to a populated program window.

Any way from the shortcut to bring you back to the home screen, I know it's just a single buttoin to get back, but i thought i'd ask.

post-338-0-78394600-1358905233_thumb.png

post-338-0-39611500-1358905251_thumb.png

• 1 year later...

I see. I never messed with XBMC before but recently saw a YouTube video of it and decided to install it and give it a try.

Why for the life of me I never even payed much attention and never noticed it all this time. Guess my age is starting to show. Guess I spend too much time creating themes and never used many of the features included matter of fact I don't even play many of the games as theme designing just consumes much of my time.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

having some issues with the plugin (the auto install with the gameex install did nothing.. and gameex was not athere (unless i misunderstood what it had to do)) well anyhow, the first thing was that there was the error of requirements not met, well to fix that just removed the requirements from the .xml of the addon. the addon installed without problems, the addon starts gameex but when you exit gameex it does not return to home and shoes "script error:gameex", tried advanced launcher but it didn't mange to make it start from the main menu (not like some addon) as the setting just make it as a shortcut and not launch-able. anyway to make it star-table from the main menu without additional coding?