All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Cannot see snaps (image or video) in menu

clair

Hi guys, for some reason I can't see image OR video snaps in my menu. Havn't used gameex for a while and I remember messing about with it a while back, but can't think what I may have done to make my snaps disappear. Ive made sure its sourced properly in gameex mame settings. Thanks

I believe the misnaming of Vista in the log was common for older versions of GameEx. Speaking of which, this is a really old version of GameEx you're working with. :o

14:20:34.1 25/09/2012: GameEx Lite: Version 10.19: Starting Log

My first recommendation (and it's a hearty recommendation ;)) would be to upgrade to the most recent version of GameEx (currently 12.84). I believe version 10.19 was still using the older configuration utility, so it's a bit hard to even give good configuration advice given that all GameEx configuration is currently done through the Setup Wizard.

Clair - We no longer support the Advanced Configuration Utility as a means of addressing tweaks and modifications you may require for GameEx and have not for over a year & a half at the very least. nullpointer's suggestion to upgrade to the latest version of GameEx is sound.

Please upgrade to the latest version so that we may be able to best assist you. It is possible that your issue will resolve itself with the latest version installed. Thanks!

Clair,

Aside from checking your configured paths, changing themes.. Perhaps it is corrupt. The logical step is to upgrade. From a logical point of view it is we are need to make sure this isnt a bug, if it is we need to make sure it is addressed in the newest build. So if you upgrade and the problem persists we can do more looking.

Hi Clair

I can sort of see where you’re coming from. Hey, change is scary right?! :ph34r: The only trouble is that we become less and less able to provide reliable support for older versions of GameEx as time goes on (I blame advancing age, and I'm quite sure at least a few of us are in the early stages of Alzheimers). It’s fine and good if you wish to steadfastly hold to a legacy version of GameEx, but it will in turn mean that the pressure is on you to maintain your system. It’s kinda like when Microsoft discontinues support for this or that operating system. Hey, there’s nothing stopping me from using Windows 3.1 (great OS by the way), but I better know what I’m doing cause MS ain’t gonna bail me out if things head south! ;)

So my first and best advice is to upgrade. If you decide to firmly hold your ground here’s the remaining advice I can offer based on your GameEx.ini. Simply go through your snap paths as configured, and verify that 1) they exist as written, 2) they contain valid snaps, and 3) the names of those snaps match your ROM files.

MAME

snappath=C:\mame\snaps

It looks like you’ve got a fair number of configured emulators, but they’ve been disabled and will not display in GameEx. I’ve included some of that information in the spoiler tag below.

StartPageName=Nintendo 64 Games
SnapPath=G:\project64\screens

StartPageName=Nintendo SNES games
SnapPath=g:\zsnes itles

StartPageName=Pinball Games
SnapPath=

StartPageName=Nintendo NES Games
SnapPath=

StartPageName=Atari 2600 Games
SnapPath=G:\stella\snaps

STARTPAGENAME=PC Apps
SnapPath=