All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Phoenix AZ Classic Arcade Convention

toxicwes

I represent a group that is seriously looking into putting together a California Extreme style (though smaller) arcade & pinball convention in Phoenix, AZ. We already host an annual con (KoL Con) and we've been consulting with Dann Frank, one of the administrators of the Wild West Pinball Convention that took place back in the 90s, so we've got the chops to make this happen.

Right now we're putting out feelers to see who'd be interested in attending, but more importantly who'd be willing to put up some of their pinball and/or arcade games for a weekend.

Thanks, and spread the word!

Hi toxicwes!

Welcome to the forums and thanks for stopping by! I'm always pumped to hear about this sort of meet-up. I wish you the best, and I hope you're able to make a successful go of it. Just for the edification of our users, what sort of pinball and/or arcade games are you interested in hosting? MAME cabinets, Reproduction cabinets, Restorations jobs, or any combination of the above? Primarily our users have some variation of MAME cabinet (at least the ones lucky enough to even own a cabinet), but I'm relatively sure we have users that own all different variations of the cabinet types I've listed (and probably more). We have at least one user that somewhat regularly transports his cabinet to events (Tiki I'm looking at you buddy), so there may be some interest on that front.

Please keep us posted on any developments regarding this event.

Hi toxicwes!

Welcome to the forums and thanks for stopping by! I'm always pumped to hear about this sort of meet-up. I wish you the best, and I hope you're able to make a successful go of it. Just for the edification of our users, what sort of pinball and/or arcade games are you interested in hosting? MAME cabinets, Reproduction cabinets, Restorations jobs, or any combination of the above? Primarily our users have some variation of MAME cabinet (at least the ones lucky enough to even own a cabinet), but I'm relatively sure we have users that own all different variations of the cabinet types I've listed (and probably more). We have at least one user that somewhat regularly transports his cabinet to events (Tiki I'm looking at you buddy), so there may be some interest on that front.

Please keep us posted on any developments regarding this event.

We probably won't be doing any MAME cabinets. All the other types you mentioned are cool. :)

I tell ya what, if I had a classic machine I doubt that I would put it out for the public to play for a weekend! Would be akin to letting my son drive my Plum Crazy 'Cuda to deliver newspapers (that is if I had one, which I don't. But even if I did, just would not happen!). Good luck, though! Would be pretty cool to see.

I tell ya what, if I had a classic machine I doubt that I would put it out for the public to play for a weekend! Would be akin to letting my son drive my Plum Crazy 'Cuda to deliver newspapers (that is if I had one, which I don't. But even if I did, just would not happen!). Good luck, though! Would be pretty cool to see.

Luckily not everyone shares your perspective... So far we have a little over 100 arcade games and pinball machines unofficially pledged, and I still have lots more leads to follow up on. :)