All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

How to setup controller for ZiNC?

STONEDSTONER

I have ZiNC running good with map file now, just having probs getting controller to setup, i noticed some had uploaded some bat files, but the link is dead now, does any one else have ZiNC .bat files and could upload them please

Or is there something i need to add to zinc.cfg

This is what i have currently

--roms-directory=.\roms

--use-sound=yes

--sound-filter-enable=no

--sound-filter-cutoff=22050

--sound-surround-lite-enable=no

--sound-surround-lite-multiplier=40

--sound-stereo-exciter=no

--use-slow-geometry=no

--use-renderer-cfg-file=renderer.cfg

--renderer=.\wind3d\renderer.znc

sfex.cfg was one game i setup with controller with ZiNC GUI and contains

[Plugins]

Controller=1

Renderer=D3D

Trainer=0

[Config]

Specific=0

I tryed adding these lines to zinc.cfg but didnt work,

--use-controller-cfg-file=sfex.cfg

--controller=E:\GameEx\Emulators\ZiNc\controller.znc

Help would be much appreciated thanks

ZiNc was awesome before MAME could play them at full speed. I still have ZiNc configured cause I don't think my PC is up to the task. I'd second trying them in MAME before messing with ZiNc though. Setting up the controls = SHIT. DEFINITELY easier in MAME!

• Like 1

As suggested, MAME is the way to go currently but if you're having more success with ZiNc then be prepared for lots of leg work. As far as setting up controls, this is best done with 3rd party launchers that help with this process. Problem is, is that there's so darn many of them and it all depends on your setup and your goal.

Stonedstoner,

It was me that made and posted the batch files and they used to be avialble in the download section and may still be. I believe there is some Winterblast plugin to use to configure the controls. The problem is Zinc has been discontinued for years and less and less people are familiar with it.

EDIT, I found it from 2008.

http://www.gameex.in...fman#entry34966

You may want to look into that plugin I mentioned, and your welcome for the help B)

• Like 1

I got controls working but not for system 12 games like tekken3... but hey i wont say how like you guys.... thanks for the help

Like you guys? Hmm.

The posts above me look like they came from people who don't use ZiNc, so how would you come to expect any one of us to explain how to set it up?

Your response was kinda uncalled for, especially if you're not gonna bother to share your results.

You're welcome.

I sort of figured it was helping to point out that ZINc is a load of bollocks in this day and age? Just like if I saw one of my friends trying to light a fire by rubbing twigs together, I'd gladly suggest that they try a match instead. You know ... in order to help them out. :P

Apparently not... I'm not saying you should have just used MAME, but you threw in a jab at all the contributors trying to help you, and that was unnecessary IMHO. I'm not the type to throw my weight around, but please be considerate to others when posting, and keep your opinion to yourself next time if you're planning on being abusive. We like to keep the morale high around here.

Thanks STONEDSTONER. No hard feelings. :)

Edited by Draco1962
This thread is now closed. If the problem re-occurs, please start a new thread.