All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Steam Wrappers

Stu1983

I'm having issues with the FTP again.. I'll try again later from a different PC.

Here's a wrapper for:

Alien Vs Predator (2010)

There are 3 wrappers here, the default will just launch the "Play Alien vs. Predator" option

The other 2 will select either the directx 11 or 9 option.

If you need to use the either of these then remove the trialing _dx9 or _dx11 from the exe file name

Hey Stu - We also have the Downloads section since Tom moved the forum to another server months back as an alternative. There is a section for wrappers if you are so inclined!

The issue seems to just be with my PC at work. I connects, gets the welcome message then says wrong username or password.

I checked last night at home though and the same details work fine from there so it nothing to be concerned about.

• 2 years later...

Hello all,

I have recently bought Dragon's Lair from Steam but there is a strange behaviour when starting via GameEx which makes me believe that I probably need a wrapper around it. I was guided to this thread and I hope that it is still viewed as the last entry is from Nov. 2013 ???

Before we go into detail let me ask if someone has probably already built a wrapper for the Steam game "Dragon's Lair" (Steam id: 227380)

Otherwise please read my issue with the game:

When starting the game via Steam directly or via the windows shortcut (made by Steam) or via the GameEx "runitgame.bat" manually from Windows Explorer everything works fine and I can play without any trouble. When starting the game out of the GameEX frontend I can work through all game menus as normal but when I start playing the game GameEx returns unexpectedly (no key press or an other indication) back to the front end and seems to exit the game. But looking closer the game receives an "Escape" sequence and gets paused and is just pushed to the background. When I quit GameEx I can bring the game back to foreground and pressing "Escape" to leave the "paused" state let's me continue playing from where GameEx has left the game.

So it appears that GameEx considers the game by mistake to be over and sending some "exit codes" and returning to the front end.

And I would expect from the wrapper to prevent the wrong interpretation and taking care that the game is entered and left appropriately.

I would really kindly appreciate any response, idea, advise, support or solution.

Thank you J.RCADE

Hi, jrcade.

I just wanted to be sure, your other Steam games are working, yes? Its just I know if you disable the overlay games will return to GameEx. I suspect Dragon's Lair does not support the overlay. I also believe you can do this via a config file too rather than create a wrapper. What you basically need to do is have GameEx wait for the Dragon's Lair process.

Configs and Wrapper need to be names as the Steam APP ID.

Hopefully someone else will chime in and help.

Hi Tom,

thanks for your comment. I can confirm that my other game (Nidhogg) is working perfectly. They are both of the same kind arcade like games and of course I use the identical key/button/joystick layout for both games. Great to hear that there is another option with the config file. In my investigations I discovered this option as well but was not able to judge which way is the easier, more efficient way to follow to solve my problem.

I will check if I find any documentation on how to use the config file and actually what to put into the config file to achieve that GameEx waits for the Dragon's Lair process. If you have any hint or link to point me to, I would kindly appreciate if you could help me to find a proper setup for the config file.

I will update my original thread and post here if the config file path worked out. I will track the progress in my original thread and keep this here for wrapper related posts.

Cheers J.RCADE

I checked theOverlay Settings in Steam and interestingly the Steam Overlay settings was turned on . The individual game overlay setting was turned on for Nidhogg and turned OFF for Dragon's Lair. I was euphoric when testing again. The behaviour is better but it still exists. I will switch to my thread that I opened for this problem:

to keep this one for wrapper questions ...