All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Steam Wrappers

Stu1983

This is true. But Max Payne would not be the case...

Let me check the wrappers a bit more.. on the first run they did'n work, and, additionally, the "in game" cursor didn't work... I had the windows cursor but no way to get it to control the main game screen... I mean the "in game" cursor obvously exists, but it is unresponsive and, on the other hand, I can control the windows cursor but no way to interact with the game main screen..

Hey stu! Thank you for you interest! Sorry for the delay... here are the infos:

Max Payne:

f:
CD "f:\pc-games\steam"
steam.exe -applaunch 201330

Max Payne 2:

f:
CD "f:\pc-games\steam"
steam.exe -applaunch 210430

So I tried to rename both wrappers accordingly... but they didn't work. Strange, but after exiting GameEx, I can se the AHK file running in the system tray, and this means that GameEx correctly recognises the game and launches the wrapper. But I get the launcher window, no automatic "Return button press", although, according to your script, it should give the "Return" input and go to the game.

Obliously, if I (phisically) press the return button on my keyboard, I can go the the main screen... so it seems that the AHK script cannot successfully transmit the input to my PC...

Any idea?

This is very strange. For the script to still be running then it mustn't be detecting the Launcher windows. Can you check what the title is on each window?

Also I think if you double click the script icon in the system tray it will show a log windows which will let us know what it is doing (might be right click instead of double click)

OK, fixed the frame size by altering the resolution to where it fits my screen. Only issue now is seeing my desktop and the Steam app logon.

I haven't much experience with wrappers - is it possible to suppress the desktop view with one? Kinda sux seeing the desktop while the Steam app logon is taking place while loading World of Goo (id 22000).

I haven't much experience with wrappers - is it possible to suppress the desktop view with one?

I thrown something together, haven't tested it much (4 games)

Set SteamLoadBlank.exe as a run before for Steam, in the GameEx Setup Wizard.

What it does:

Creates a blank, black overlay and displays it.

Waits for Steams GameOverlayUI.exe to load then the script exits revealing your loaded game.

I'm sure there will be issues though, I've test with a couple of games that use wrappers and they worked but I'm sure this will cause problems with some games.

It will definitely cause problems with any game that doesn't use the GameOverlayUI.exe like 'Binding of Isac'

I have built in a couple of fail safes:

1. The black screen will only stay for 30 seconds max

2. Press space bar to exit anytime

If it proves successful we could probably build in a blacklist that would stop it running for problem games.

SteamLoadBlank.zip

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Tried adding this to the FTP but it doesn't accept the user name and password anymore

220780 - Thomas Was Alone

You may want to send Tom an IM regarding. Keep in mind that we also have the new Download area below the forum header which includes a section for map files.

Probably still the case, but definitely better there than in the forums now that we have the feature available. Many of the GameEx authors are starting to place files there in the interim so that they will be available before update releases. Up to you.

• 1 month later...

I'm having issues with the FTP again.. I'll try again later from a different PC.

Here's a wrapper for:

Alien Vs Predator (2010)

There are 3 wrappers here, the default will just launch the "Play Alien vs. Predator" option

The other 2 will select either the directx 11 or 9 option.

If you need to use the either of these then remove the trialing _dx9 or _dx11 from the exe file name

10680 - Alien Vs Predator.zip

• Like 1