All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Startup Video Error

thurmansevolution

Hello! :)

A few days ago, I added a startup video that I downloaded from EmuMovies (Which the video was pretty awesome lol - its the one that starts out with Pong, then goes to Pitfall, then Mario, Sonic, etc...)

Anyway, after directing GameEx to the "intro" folder I created for the Startup Video Directory in the Setup Wizard, when I start GameEx, its been "hit or miss" when loading. What I mean by this is that, it seems like GameEx tries to load at the same time the video is running - there will be flashes of the GameEx Homescreen and will suddenly freeze on either the video or homescreen, leaving the audio playing. When the audio from the video finishes, GameEx will close and an error box will load, saying that there was a problem with DirectX.

This doesn't happen all the time, just sometimes - about once every 5 to 10 times or so. I am away from my cab right now, but as soon as I get home, I'll try to recreate the problem, and post the log and config files if needed.

What I am wondering for now is, has anyone had the same problem? ...and if so, how did they fix it? My video card and drivers are all up to date, and I done everything that the error suggested to do, but with no progress.

Thanks in advance for all of your help! :)

LC

Uh oh!

Can you try and play a movie or video under Multimedia? This sounds like the resurgence of an old issue to me.

I could never get any of the .avi movies I have in my collection to play under Multimedia (lol, I thought that it was maybe the way I ripped them from my DVD collection, or a codec issue, so I never really worried about the movies after the cpu was moved to the arcade cab).

When I tried to get the videos to play, it would transistion to a black screen and stay there until I exit and return to GameEx. Then I would have to exit and restart GameEx because the Jukebox would not start up again. The last time I tried to play a video was when I was troubleshooting the Startup Video issue...and it did the same thing - just transistioned to a black screen and stopped the Jukebox when returning to GameEx.

Def sounds like we're back to the same old video issue. I can't get any videos to play on my cab either aside from previews.

Was the old issue a bug in GameEx? Same here when it comes to the previews and video snaps of games - they play fine :) ...its just the full videos and what seems to be the Startup video (if it falls in the same issue).

Speaking of videos and [display] - lol, I just noticed that there were pics and vids of mame cabs that used LED or LCD displays as the marquee....makes me wonder how they do that :blink:

Ahhhh! That's pretty cool - I wanna do that (I've got an extra LCD monitor :) ), lol, but I gotta agree with one of the drawbacks about the projection - if you weren't at the right angle, kinda hard to see. Thanks for the link :).

Back to the video issue - do you have a startup video, and if so, does it do the same as mine? (just trying to see if it's related lol)

Yes salary does indeed suck. I thought it sounded great until the day off tech calls for three gas stations started coming in. :(

Hi Tom, finally got off work, recreated the problem, and will attach the config and log files to this message. I am using Shark007 codecs under recommended settings. I have a 32 bit Windows 7 system. Hope all of this helps :)

Lol, I know what ya mean Adultery - I work as a Surveillance Supervisor/Investigator and when I took the promotion from agent, I had no idea that even though they gave me more money, I would have to work more hours...kinda comes with the territory I guess :wacko:

GameEx.ini

log.txt

@ Adultery - I found out what was going on with the videos not playing (not the startup video I'm afraid of - I'm starting to think that its something to do with the video itself, which I'm going to test with another video soon) I updated the Shark007 codecs, and used the recommended settings, and now the videos in multimedia play well :)

Edited by Draco1962
This thread is now closed. If the problem re-occurs, please start a new thread.