All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Turn off button combo for exit? and hide game info on launch?

Venomouse

Hey guys, Im running the latest GameEx and I'm very happy with it so far.

I am having the following issues:-

Q1

When my one player start and two player start are pressed together (or in close proximity to each other) I'm dumped out of mame back to the gameEx screen.

This is the current mapping

P1 Start - 1

P2 Start - Page Down

I tried different mapping and same issue persists (not a fun error in a hectic 2 player game when we both have to continue at the same time :)

Is there a way to disable this all together? or remap to my keyboard?

Q2

When launching a Mame game is there a way to go straight into it without the disclaimers / info popping up? I did set options to turn this off, maybe im missing something?

Q3

Spose Ill ask this too :) Is there anyway to setup auto save states eg every 5 mins?

Thankyou

>>When my one player start and two player start are pressed together (or in close proximity to each other) I'm dumped out of mame back to the gameEx >>screen.

Take a look in the "imput" section of GameEx Config Wizard.

There are some keys set up by default.

Just click the "..." button and click clear.

And its done !

But to exit you will need to press the ESC key.

>>When launching a Mame game is there a way to go straight into it without the disclaimers / info popping up? I did set options to turn this off, maybe >>im missing something?

I think that on the advanced mame settings there's an option to do that.

Take a look on it, because right now I can't remember.

>>Spose Ill ask this too :) Is there anyway to setup auto save states eg every 5 mins?

In GameEx, no you can't do this.

But using Eventghost maybe you can achieve this.

Eventghost creates system events based on certain conditions.

So, you can create a script that sends the "Save State" command to your emulator, if this emulator is running.

Google Eventghost and you will find the software.

• Like 1

Thankyou, I tried removing all the global exit keys and it still does it :(

Manually set some global exit keys, which work but the player 1 and 2 buttons together still exit.

Here is my ini file maybe it will help?

Also is there a way top foce video (ie avi and mp4 playback) to go full screen?

You have been very helpful thus far :)

GameEx.ini

When launching a Mame game is there a way to go straight into it without the disclaimers / info popping up? I did set options to turn this off, maybe im missing something?

Sorry I missed this topic...

You can easily compile your own version of MAME to do this.

On my IPAC board, Start 1 & Start 2 is the same as pressing escape, but it's reprogrammable. Perhaps your controller is the same. Start 1 presses KB1, but also acts as a kind of shift key, allowing access to other key codes.